22.3 or Package

Heavy Package

Apparently my 1.5 years seniority is enough to land me a fulltime job pretty quickly. I always thought it took years to bid fulltime. He’s telling me not to even bother with 22.4 and go straight for RPCD. He’s also telling me 22.3 is a good job as well, but I’d rather not have any loading position. Is getting RPCD in 1.5 years actually realistic? and thoughts on 22.3? It’s very vague, he’s telling me they all do different things depending on the bid. Local 177
Who is "He"? Your BBC?

TeltBender

I don't think you will be able to go straight to RPCD. A current 22.4 would win that bid over you.

“Permanent package driver vacancies will be filled on a 2-1-2-1 Basis two (2) package to package, one (1) full time transfer, two (2) part time transfers (within District), one (1) new hire. If for any reason two (2) package car drivers do not fill the first two (2) vacancies by transferring the vacancies will be filled by the full time transfer list for
a total of three (3) full time employees. If full time employees do not
fill those vacancies part time employees (in the District) will fill those positions. If part time employees fill the open position, the next position will be filled by a new hire.”

Wouldn't this mean on the 4th vacancy they go to the highest seniority part timer?

UltraSoinic2022

“Permanent package driver vacancies will be filled on a 2-1-2-1 Basis two (2) package to package, one (1) full time transfer, two (2) part time transfers (within District), one (1) new hire. If for any reason two (2) package car drivers do not fill the first two (2) vacancies by transferring the vacancies will be filled by the full time transfer list for
a total of three (3) full time employees. If full time employees do not
fill those vacancies part time employees (in the District) will fill those positions. If part time employees fill the open position, the next position will be filled by a new hire.”

Wouldn't this mean on the 4th vacancy they go to the highest seniority part timer?
Hi there , relatively new to UPS gained seniority in September.

Is this quote from the contract ?

Does this mean there’s a very slight chance that a new hire can go straight to RPCD

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi there , relatively new to UPS gained seniority in September.

Is this quote from the contract ?

Does this mean there’s a very slight chance that a new hire can go straight to RPCD

8FE3218B-7FEE-4CF6-9831-266DA9D3961A.gif

About as much a chance as this guy