22.3 vs 22.4

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

Why is everyone up in arms over 22.4s making less than us, but its fine that 22.3s make a lower rate? Everyone is worried that 22.3 will go away, taken over by higher paying 22.4s.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why is everyone up in arms over 22.4s making less than us, but its fine that 22.3s make a lower rate? Everyone is worried that 22.3 will go away, taken over by higher paying 22.4s.
Because 22.3 is inside work and 22.4 will be doing the same job as a driver for less pay. Are you for air drivers delivering ground at air pay rate?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
you r not real pizza

I am so.
Here is a baby pic to prove it.

s179651495794896015_p62_i1_w1600.jpeg

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

I see 22.4s being used to staff habitually understaffed preloads instead of paying regular drivers, running off high volume high revenue bulk stops to keep us from being bricked out daily and running misloads, air help, breakdowns, blown out pick ups etc. They will be supporting us with a less stressful inside/driver position many p/t would jump at that don'y want the stress of being a RPCD or whatever they are calling us now. It would be nice to see national language protecting them from being worked 14 hours with management trying to get them to take 45 min between preload and air, then 45 min betwwen air and running off misloads. Maybe national language such as "no 22.4 will work more than 11 hours any given work day"

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Did not know that. Most of the air/inside guys here have 25 years so I guess their part time rate is close to top.

Box Ox

I’ve been part time for 2 years. So would it be easier to be a driver now since no one wanna be 22.4? I don’t mind making less since I live in a small town.

The Union is hoping you’ll see it that way. If the lower 22.4 pay doesn’t bother you, having no overtime protection while the Company shoves as many stops as it can up your ass to keep them off RPCD routes probably will.