22.4 Layoff

What'dyabringmetoday???

Well now we're just making up crazy scenarios. Especially since 200 air stops on one car would be pretty damn impossible lol. But I'll play along.

Why wouldn't it fly. If he has the seniority to perform the air work he would be paid at article 40 rate for that day. If all he is delivering is air than he not a RPCD.
So when a package car driver delivers air during his normal day, does his pay change while delivering air packages? No need to respond...

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That's a horrible question. Lol

I'm sure you think it came off as smart but it really didn't this time.
The real question is did they voluntarily choose to do air work?
The company likes to code people as air to reduce the number of drivers listed as in use for a certain day, but at the end of the day, if they showed up to work for 8 hours of their work, it does not matter if they were picking up hundreds of thousands of dollars in ground merchandise, or delivering amazon air mailers.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
22.4 are combination employees. Since the contract language includes inside work it makes no sense to reduce your pay for working inside. File a grievance.
NorCal contract here
yea. except that the combo was never supposed to be real. they were always going to only use them for driving and the official combo status was just an excuse to pay them less, even though it's bogus logic, well before this the company would routinely use personnel to do other jobs and they never got a rate cut for it. of course any manager is going to get dinged for using a 22.4 to do inside work. but since it is official you can demand it, but you have to demand it because there's no way they're ever going to do it on their own.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They finally took down the intent lists here. Soon many RPCDs are going to be mad that they are working Saturdays again.
I am completely in the dark on any of this other than to shut up and work as directed until (insert future date here) by both company and union.
I even tried to exercise seniority on work given, or to use new language on preferred work and the answer was "The schedule's just a formality, you are still acting like a 22.4" again by both members of company and union.

Last edited:

freehoodies

If drivers in your center were/are getting 9.5 violations while drivers are laid off, the laid off drivers can be awarded back pay. Thats article 37 in the national master contract, from the old contract and its unchanged in the current one.

Union dropped the ball in a huge way on this. Members being laid off for months hurts more than just the initial loss of cash. 401k, FMLA and pensions, loss of progression, less income for the year making home loans even harder to get, theres alot of damage that could have been mitigated.

Attachments

• IMG_8821.png
    IMG_8821.png
    671.1 KB · Views: 15

542thruNthru

If drivers in your center were/are getting 9.5 violations while drivers are laid off, the laid off drivers can be awarded back pay. Thats article 37 in the national master contract, from the old contract and its unchanged in the current one.

Union dropped the ball in a huge way on this. Members being laid off for months hurts more than just the initial loss of cash. 401k, FMLA and pensions, loss of progression, less income for the year making home loans even harder to get, theres alot of damage that could have been mitigated.
Um, that's if the grievance makes it to the 9.5 committee.... and if it still can't be resolved and goes to arbitration. How likely do you think that is? Something tells me you've been listening to too many Teamster United webinars.