22.4 layoffs

Peets01

22.4 here, been "laid off' working Tues-Fri (Midnight & Preload) shifts, then drive Saturday for about two and a half months now lol. Anyone have an estimated idea on when we'll be back to fully driving? Getting pretty sick and tired sleeping during the day and getting maybe 5-6 hours of sleep, then go do inside work during these hours. Hearing from a few shop stewards at my building that we should be getting called back in after Memorial Day weekend but don't trust anyone... since my local told us that after Easter we'd be back lol.

Cheesypurpletees

22.4 here, been "laid off' working Tues-Fri (Midnight & Preload) shifts, then drive Saturday for about two and a half months now lol. Anyone have an estimated idea on when we'll be back to fully driving? Getting pretty sick and tired sleeping during the day and getting maybe 5-6 hours of sleep, then go do inside work during these hours. Hearing from a few shop stewards at my building that we should be getting called back in after Memorial Day weekend but don't trust anyone... since my local told us that after Easter we'd be back lol.

I’ve heard improved volumes and less layoffs 2nd half of the year.

DOK

Sucks but part of the 22.4 job description is working inside. Maybe some will get called back once vacations start.
How’s the company getting away with not paying the 22.4’s their contractually guaranteed 8 hours daily?

FozziesDeliveries

Sucks but part of the 22.4 job description is working inside. Maybe some will get called back once vacations start.
How’s the company getting away with not paying the 22.4’s their contractually guaranteed 8 hours daily?
Probably the same way they get away with their other blatant contract violations. They just do what they want and see if they get a slap on the wrist or not.

Over70irregs

I knew guys who would go in and hang out in office. June July Aug vacations start to kick in. Drivers always looking for RO. A good center manager will ask vets if they want a dead weak off to keep guys working.

anonymous23456

It is dizzying just trying to get around the classification of all the UPS workers. Y'all do moving packages directly and indirectly. Let start with the top dog and fill in the blank please. Which one is top dog? Pilot or RPCD?

RPCD
blah1
blah2
blah3

Over70irregs

It is dizzying just trying to get around the classification of all the UPS workers. Y'all do moving packages directly and indirectly. Let start with the top dog and fill in the blank please. Which one is top dog? Pilot or RPCD?

RPCD
blah1
blah2
blah3
Pilots have their own contract. Everyone else is clumped.

GameCockFan

Hell, hes getting paid more than a RPCD who is "laid off" and bumps inside.
Not here. There claiming 22.4s are "laid off" but working them every Saturday and paying them $15.50/hr for their inside work. It;s complete bullshat and I've encouraged all of them to file and file penalty pay grievances every week