22.4 Pay and First 30 Days

supertrooper257

I was hired as a 22.4 at my local center but in UPSers my job classification is Loader/Unloader PM at 15 an hour pay rate. Is this just classification laziness on UPS part? Also, the 8/40 guarantee that 22.4s get, do we get that guarantee in our first 30 days?

charm299

I was hired as a 22.4 at my local center but in UPSers my job classification is Loader/Unloader PM at 15 an hour pay rate. Is this just classification laziness on UPS part? Also, the 8/40 guarantee that 22.4s get, do we get that guarantee in our first 30 days?
Don’t say or ask anything when you’re in your 30 days

Ackerlin

For your first 30 days, no you aren't 8/40 garunteed, your pay will be 05, which means if you work 7.5 hours, you get paid for exactly 7.5. Once you make seniority, always make sure your pay is 06, so you are garuntees 8 hours of pay even if you were to work 7 hours.

And yea if they are paying you as a loader, don't say :censored2: until you make seniority, then go to your shop steward or business agent to have it fixed and have them deal with management for your back pay, so keep records.

supertrooper257

For your first 30 days, no you aren't 8/40 garunteed, your pay will be 05, which means if you work 7.5 hours, you get paid for exactly 7.5. Once you make seniority, always make sure your pay is 06, so you are garuntees 8 hours of pay even if you were to work 7 hours.

And yea if they are paying you as a loader, don't say :censored2: until you make seniority, then go to your shop steward or business agent to have it fixed and have them deal with management for your back pay, so keep records.
I have no idea yet if they’re paying me as a loader since my first day out of class will be this coming Tuesday. But yeah I see the classic games that need to be played.

freehoodies

I would argue that you should mention if you are overpaid, but not if you are underpaid.

You wanna look like their next favorite runner gunner kissass.

Also throw in a comment about how much the drivers whine about everything, and they seem entitled.