22.4 question

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Do they make 22.4s shave?
Just shave and polish your shoes like a good boy man. I’ve seen my center manager chastise the new guys for not shaving and not having proper uniform. Meanwhile he looks right at me with my stubble and dirty unpolishable sneakers and leaves me alone....because we’re basically in peak and I don’t cause him problems
Catch the drift ?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Just shave and polish your shoes like a good boy man. I’ve seen my center manager chastise the new guys for not shaving and not having proper uniform. Meanwhile he looks right at me with my stubble and dirty unpolishable sneakers and leaves me alone....because we’re basically in peak and I don’t cause him problems
Catch the drift ?
I meant shave intimate areas, for when they "make service"

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Catch the drift ?
I don't work there anymore when I did I was already shaving every day from being in the military... still do even though Im not required to

Poop Head

Judge me.
local 177. i guess im being a whiny 22.4, BUT since i get paid substantially less than RPCD, my duties are not the same at times. recently my job has been to run out irregs, rip stops off drivers and cover pickups. No big deal. it’s annoying and boring as hell, but its actually fair for the pay. my question is, can a RPCD, bump me from 22.4 work and make me do RPCD work??? is a higher paid driver allowed to bump me off my lower paid duties and make me do his work that he doesnt want to do because its harder, but is actually paid to do? if that is the case then 22.4 should just be eliminated, if im gonna be forced to do RPCDs job for less money while the RPCD enjoys doing the job that was set up for 22.4, but gets paid much more then there is something definitely wrong with the system, and this would need to be addressed.
Throw a few packages from each corner of the buildings delivery area in his truck.

BrownBaggage

local 177. i guess im being a whiny 22.4, BUT since i get paid substantially less than RPCD, my duties are not the same at times. recently my job has been to run out irregs, rip stops off drivers and cover pickups. No big deal. it’s annoying and boring as hell, but its actually fair for the pay. my question is, can a RPCD, bump me from 22.4 work and make me do RPCD work??? is a higher paid driver allowed to bump me off my lower paid duties and make me do his work that he doesnt want to do because its harder, but is actually paid to do? if that is the case then 22.4 should just be eliminated, if im gonna be forced to do RPCDs job for less money while the RPCD enjoys doing the job that was set up for 22.4, but gets paid much more then there is something definitely wrong with the system, and this would need to be addressed.

this seems to be more of a seniority issue than a 22.4/rpcd one. Pay your dues like everyone else. Back then, we got bumped into the worst routes in our centers without a cradle.

JJinVA

We're you actually bumped off taking stops off drivers and put on another RPCD's bid-route? Or are you just asking a hypothetical?

Ive been bumped by RPCDs on Saturday who didnt want to run their route and took something I knew. Not sure if that was a thing or not but I was too knew to make a stink about it. I just ran it and chalked it up to gaining area-knowledge.

Combo Mamba

The 22.4 is taking RPCD work. Taking money straight out of their pockets. We make it so they can have 8 hour’s, so they can have 9.5’s. You only have a limited amount of time to work in your lifetime and RPCD’s are losing a lot of OT because of us. Extra work should be offered from top down. Some RCPD’s want the OT, but are never asked because the 50% off 22.4 always get the message. If the RCPD would grieve the loss of extra work they would get paid and management would have to call from top to bottom anytime someone needs help. In my hub that would be 100 messages at a time.

PT Car Washer

The 22.4 is taking RPCD work. Taking money straight out of their pockets. We make it so they can have 8 hour’s, so they can have 9.5’s. You only have a limited amount of time to work in your lifetime and RPCD’s are losing a lot of OT because of us. Extra work should be offered from top down. Some RCPD’s want the OT, but are never asked because the 50% off 22.4 always get the message. If the RCPD would grieve the loss of extra work they would get paid and management would have to call from top to bottom anytime someone needs help. In my hub that would be 100 messages at a time.
In my building management works 22.4 delivery drivers 10 to 12 hours and lets the RPCD drivers go home with a lighter dispatch. Smart business to work the $20/hr drivers and let the $40/hr drivers go home. I never hear the RPCD drivers complain about losing out on OT.

Combo Mamba

In my building management works 22.4 delivery drivers 10 to 12 hours and lets the RPCD drivers go home with a lighter dispatch. Smart business to work the $20/hr drivers and let the $40/hr drivers go home. I never hear the RPCD drivers complain about losing out on OT.
A few do, but contract states extra work is offered based on seniority. Nobody calls them on it though. Biggest thing is RPCD’s on 9.5 list having the company violate their 9.5 rights and not filing a grievance and getting paid!

charm299

No , seniority is within classification

22.34life

Not sure what supplement you are under but there is no separation between 22.4 and rpcd work,just the workweek is different so in a nutshell yes the rpcd can bump you for that work.talk with your steward and buisness agent for more clarification.