Permanent layoffs question

Johney

Another asinine comment from him. We have well over 150 22.3 jobs here, the majority of them are daysort /Twilight hours. Not a bad gig if you want to work in the building.
Funny thing is since he’s a p/t car washer he’d be loading feeders on the night sort in my old building……the car wash hasn’t worked in 6 years

Brownwind

Except those 25+ year employees are doing small sort and clean in and around the hub for the rest of their time. Me and other 22.4's will be preload
I can work a broom with the best of them. It would be a good job for an exit strategy. If it was actually eight hours it would be even better. I have a feeling that it would turn into a ten to fourteen hour shift quickly

Thebrownblob

Except those 25+ year employees are doing small sort and clean in and around the hub for the rest of their time. Me and other 22.4's will be preload
Maybe it works that way where you are but we’re I am 22.3 as a required to work their bid positions. Matter fact Stewards make sure it happens. Because when it does not happen, the company threatens to eliminate the jobs and move them elsewhere as they are not needed if they are not doing their bid.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Maybe it works that way where you are but we’re I am 22.3 as a required to work their bid positions. Matter fact Stewards make sure it happens. Because when it does not happen, the company threatens to eliminate the jobs and move them elsewhere as they are not needed if they are not doing their bid.
IMG_4470.jpeg

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
So what we need is to scrap the 22.4 language and get better layoff language in the supplements.

I put it as a proposal here and from what I heard it was shot down immediately.

Shot down by the company?

Yes. From my understanding it was said that if the company is laying off rpcds then the company is in trouble and isn't going to injure its self more by paying laid off drivers a higher wage than a position calls for. That's what I was told but it could have been denied by the union as well in pre screening for all I know.

Do you mean something like:
"7. Any full-time employee exercising his/her seniority rights to displace another employee under the provisions of this Section shall not suffer any reduction in the employee's rate of pay and benefits he/she enjoyed prior to the layoff."

542thruNthru

Do you mean something like:
"7. Any full-time employee exercising his/her seniority rights to displace another employee under the provisions of this Section shall not suffer any reduction in the employee's rate of pay and benefits he/she enjoyed prior to the layoff."
Yep, our rider doesn't have that.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
The last new dozen Twi/Midnight 22.3 jobs were taken by PT with less than a years seniority. I told them in 4 years you will be making over $70k/yr doing the same job you were doing PT for minimum wage.

I find this hard to believe. I guess every hub is different..here you’re going to wait a long time for 22.3. 22.2? Forget about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That is a good suggestion, was also thinking they maintain the 22.4 on a Tuesday- Saturday schedule allowing them to always get that Saturday punch in. I was a tcd before becoming 22.4 so I was red circled, going inside the building at $35 an hour is pretty sweet. In my opinion 22.4 shouldn’t be eliminated but definitely needs to be reworked.
I’ll be interested to see if everyone is moved to RPCD. Personally I see 22.4 going away in the sense that if you drive all day you’ll get RPCD pay but if used as intended part time then drive they’ll be paid 22.4 wage.