22.4 to RCPD in Balt, MD Vero Road Hub

mareofeooo

Hi all! I’m a recent “seasonal hire”, though on my profile on Workday I’m down as permanent. I have a few questions, one of which is: even if I’m not immediately told by a supervisor or other higher up, can I be moved to permanent? When I went in for orientation in early October I was told by the hiring manager at my hub that we were all seasonal, bust your ass and they’ll keep you. Consequently I’ve been kicking ass on my shift regardless of if it gets recognized. I’ve also been getting more hours as a part time sorter because of this too, I think.

Second and third questions: how often do hubs hire for 22.4’s? I was told there is a supervisor in charge of placing all the bid sheets up, but I haven’t seen one specifically for a 22.4 position. There a steward I work with on the sort who was driving for 5 years before he moved inside full-time and told me that probably after January is when they’ll do most of the bulk hiring because a lot of the seasonal and regular 22.4 drivers are burnt out. Personally, I have the goal of becoming a RCPD after some time obtaining seniority as a 22.4. I don’t care what is thrown at me. What does everyone think about all 22.4 drivers being converted to RCPD’s in the contract renewal? Thanks! Happy thanksgiving fellow brown boys/gals

Things are different everywhere, so there's no telling unless you know someone where you work.

@MECH-lift can usually tell the probability of someone becoming a RPCD, or at least give you some idea of what your chances are. He's a lil drunk right now though, so check back tomorrow morning sometime after brunch.

Good luck buddy, keep slaying it.

542thruNthru

Hi all! I’m a recent “seasonal hire”, though on my profile on Workday I’m down as permanent. I have a few questions, one of which is: even if I’m not immediately told by a supervisor or other higher up, can I be moved to permanent? When I went in for orientation in early October I was told by the hiring manager at my hub that we were all seasonal, bust your ass and they’ll keep you. Consequently I’ve been kicking ass on my shift regardless of if it gets recognized. I’ve also been getting more hours as a part time sorter because of this too, I think.

Second and third questions: how often do hubs hire for 22.4’s? I was told there is a supervisor in charge of placing all the bid sheets up, but I haven’t seen one specifically for a 22.4 position. There a steward I work with on the sort who was driving for 5 years before he moved inside full-time and told me that probably after January is when they’ll do most of the bulk hiring because a lot of the seasonal and regular 22.4 drivers are burnt out. Personally, I have the goal of becoming a RCPD after some time obtaining seniority as a 22.4. I don’t care what is thrown at me. What does everyone think about all 22.4 drivers being converted to RCPD’s in the contract renewal? Thanks! Happy thanksgiving fellow brown boys/gals
Don't listen to these knuckle heads. Everywhere is different. Your area/contract will determine what time period is seasonal and how long your wait period is for driving/seniority..

First of all you have to make it through the season without getting into an accident or an injury
Then once you Make it through that hopefully you do a good enough job and after holidays they will hire you back on.

One step at a time