22.4 told I can never work preload again even with permission

Kingofthenorth

Center manager tried to fire me for working an hour of preload approved by the preload manager. Against union advice I showed him proof I was approved to work preload. center manager claimed I made up the proof etc and I was still fired. Another manager said I can't be fired for that I still have my job and center manager said I can never work preload again even with approval. How am I a combination driver if all I can do according to center manager is drive?

Center manager tried to fire me for working an hour of preload approved by the preload manager. Against union advice I showed him proof I was approved to work preload. center manager claimed I made up the proof etc and I was still fired. Another manager said I can't be fired for that I still have my job and center manager said I can never work preload again even with approval. How am I a combination driver if all I can do according to center manager is drive?
They want to make sure you have all the hours available for driving.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
WAD (Work as Directed), There is a saying to WAD then file a grievance. If over time two ties tell you to do two different completely conflicting things then grab a steward calmly explain that you’ve been previously directed by another tie (especially if it was your direct manager) to not do what you are now directly you to do. At the end of the day we WAD unless it’s against the law or there is a major safety concern. Make sure that you fully understand the DOT hours of service rules and that you do not violate any of them. Calm heads prevail more often then not in these types of situations.

I agree with the previous responses. There are some details or a past history that is being left out of this story.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
Okay, everyone needs to put on their big boy pants and stop believing in the easter bunny. use just a little bit of critical thinking.
22.4s get paid less than RPCDs because they're like half and half. Sounds like a load of crap, but ok that's what was agreed to. and they get paid more than boxthrowers because they drive. SO ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN CAN SEE HERE that that makes them cheap drivers but expensive loaders, so it's in the company's interest to have them never sling boxes. that half and half stuff was always baloney, 22.4s were never going to do anything but drive. if you as a 22.4 ever sling boxes then someone is gonna get bitched out for it, or at least lose their monthly bonus. the preload manager approved it but your center manager didn't and is pissed, ok obviously what is going on here is that your preloading went on your center manager's numbers and not on the preload manager's tab. so the preload manager got a free hour of labor that your center manager is going to get bitched out for. so yea your center manager can give you standing orders never to work preload with out their express permission.

now them giving you conflicting orders is their business, so you work as instructed, demand your guarantee if you want, and file if you have a problem.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Preload will not survive without using drivers to load trucks now..they 🤬ked themselves.

BRAND NEW PRELOAD RIGHT BEFORE PEAK

great job @Dragon 🤣

fill up your gas tank buddy you’ll be running misloads all peak 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Johney

Preload will not survive without using drivers to load trucks now..they 🤬ked themselves.

BRAND NEW PRELOAD RIGHT BEFORE PEAK

great job @Dragon 🤣

fill up your gas tank buddy you’ll be running misloads all peak 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I highly doubt that, in 33 years I’ve never seen a center manager even break a sweat let alone run a misload.

Nah
When you say approved, do you mean you asked and they said yes? Or you were standing there and directed to do it? I learned the hard way that you work as directed based on who is standing there in front of you, you don't distinguish between "your" supervisors and "not your" supervisors. WAD, let them hash it out, and if they still drag you into the crossfire file for harassment.