25 things Millennials are killing off.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Number 8: "because they had to clean up after eating it"

For crying out loud.
Number 8
But millennials are getting the blame for cereal’s decline, too — and for a weird reason.
The New York Times wrote that 40 percent of the millennials surveyed in one report said cereal “was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it.”
Maybe it’s time to bring back the in-box prizes!

oldngray

nowhere special
Number 8
But millennials are getting the blame for cereal’s decline, too — and for a weird reason.
The New York Times wrote that 40 percent of the millennials surveyed in one report said cereal “was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it.”

Blame the health nuts getting rid of sugary cereals. Nobody wanted to eat the healthy crap that tasted like cardboard.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Blame the health nuts getting rid of sugary cereals. Nobody wanted to eat the healthy crap that tasted like cardboard.
That may be true but that was not a reason given in the article.
I have not eaten cereal at home in over 30 years.
I eat it occasionally at motel breakfast bars.

rod

Retired 22 years
Number 8
always knew they were a bunch of lazy bastards

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Number 8
I’d much rather nuke a breakfast sandwich and eat in the car on a paper towel. Or just grab a protein bar.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That may be true but that was not a reason given in the article.
I have not eaten cereal at home in over 30 years.
I eat it occasionally at motel breakfast bars.

I just got back into it in the last couple years. Not the frosted stuff, though.

Cheerios with sliced banana, mostly.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Gave up on cereal because its to much to clean up afterwards? Come on---that's just 100% pure laziness.
I’d much rather nuke a breakfast sandwich and eat in the car on a paper towel. Or just grab a protein bar.
Exactly.
I've been eating Jimmy Dean Breakfast Croissants since the early 80's.
Cheap and convenient.
Being a diabetic since age 24, I tried to not have too much carbohydrates in the A.M.
Two people who are not millennials do the same thing.