25 years ago we was on strike

Its_a_me

Millennials.....
25 years ago was the starting wage for part-timers $8.50 an hour? Because that is what I started at many, many, many years later....

So your point should be...

Boomers....leaving the next generation worse off than they were left (esp accounting for inflation those many, many, many years later.

and you wonder why no respect is given....try because you left the next generation screwed and only cared about yourselves and enriching your lives. A real generation would have put a stop to the two-tiered system and reliance on part-time labor at the company.

25 years ago was the starting wage for part-timers $8.50 an hour? Because that is what I started at many, many, many years later....

So your point should be...

Boomers....leaving the next generation worse off than they were left (esp accounting for inflation those many, many, many years later.

and you wonder why no respect is given....try because you left the next generation screwed and only cared about yourselves and enriching your lives. A real generation would have put a stop to the two-tiered system and reliance on part-time labor at the company.
Do not blame me because people do not vote.
This current contract got voted down and if a few more to part-timers would take a 30 seconds to cast a vote we would have had a better contract right now.

FozziesDeliveries

My center is smaller and non hostile, but a lot of my generation of newer drivers are talking about the potential strike and getting ready. We have been talking who we think might cross the picket line. Glad we have almost a year of build up to help fellow drivers see the light 😇

Its_a_me

This current contract got voted down and if a few more to part-timers would take a 30 seconds to cast a vote we would have had a better contract right now.
No we wouldn't have. the participation would have been below the threshold and the Boomers in charge of the union would have pushed it through just like they did.

Again Boomers....

No we wouldn't have. the participation would have been below the threshold and the Boomers in charge of the union would have pushed it through just like they did.

Again Boomers....
We only needed less than 4% more people to vote and the contract would have failed
I did not vote Yes on it so don't take it out on me

Honestly if you want to make the big money go driving

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's like when about 4-6 clowns climb in the BC clown car.....and think their OPINIONS are the end all be all of all there is.....

OMG we have a celebrity.....that went to the annual CS pension fund meeting....

And how the rest of us....why how did we ever make it one day......without their guidance and just plain brilliance.

Gave me a chance......O M G

Oh thank you!
E986C487-70C0-4E9B-9535-928C8886BD1F.gif

Thebrownblob

If you remember right after the vote was originally counted and it was no, the company put out a tweet saying they were ready to go back to the table and then our fearless leader used a provision in the teamster constitution to pass the contract. Wasn’t illegal but sure wasn’t brave.

If you remember right after the vote was originally counted and it was no, the company put out a tweet saying they were ready to go back to the table and then our fearless leader used a provision in the teamster constitution to pass the contract. Wasn’t illegal but sure wasn’t brave.
It was probably was his way of giving us the middle finger after he almost got voted out last time, in 2016

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

In my son's building management is starting rumors that if a strike occurs the company will pay $90 an hour to those who cross
Lol what management said that? After about the first week of the strike and 97 so few people crossed the picket line the management people who were in there just gave up we really didn’t see any trucks come out or go in the last Six or seven days of the strike

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Lol what management said that? After about the first week of the strike and 97 so few people crossed the picket line the management people who were in there just gave up we really didn’t see any trucks come out or go in the last Six or seven days of the strike
i am in a RTW state and we had a few cross. Of course it was GREAT fun chasing them down and blocking them in .They would call the police but we'd get in different cars and leave. It was a lot of fun