26 years as a part timer. Option to go full time inside.

Hello i got a question i need help with. My co-worker as asked for my help. She has worked for UPS as a part-timer for 26 years. She was considering taking the bid for the full time inside 40 hours job. She is worried that by going full time this late in here career will be negative thing.

Her main concerns are three things. What happens to her health care coverage when she retires and what happens to her pension plan when she retires. She is planing to retire at 30-35 years of service. And is her seniority cut in half. She would be the only inside 40 hour a week worker.

What are your opinions all help is appreciated.

Thank you!!

T

Turdferguson

Hello i got a question i need help with. My co-worker as asked for my help. She has worked for UPS as a part-timer for 26 years. She was considering taking the bid for the full time inside 40 hours job. She is worried that by going full time this late in here career will be negative thing.

Her main concerns are three things. What happens to her health care coverage when she retires and what happens to her pension plan when she retires. She is planing to retire at 30-35 years of service. And is her seniority cut in half. She would be the only inside 40 hour a week worker.

Thank you!![/QUOTE
Her seniority would be full time date not her part time date

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Thank you!!
Depends on your supplement. In my area PT pension and FT pension are completely separate, PT years don't count anything towards the FT plan. Same with healthcare, PT plan is through the company, FT plan is through the union. Your best bet is to get with someone who is knowledgeable about your supplement.

Rain Shield

Thank you!!

She needs to talk to her BA immediately, especially if she is in the Southern.

Here is why. If she is age 46 or older with 26 years she qualifies for 25 and out as a part timer.

If she goes full time she would be considered a newly hired full time employee.

I am not sure how her 25 and out would work in that case. She possibly could be making a mistake going full time if she is only going to work 5 to 10 more years, or it could be the best thing she has ever done.

This is one for the BA and possibly something in writing from the Pension Trustee from UPS in writing.

She should be very, very careful and get it in writing.