29 Minutes

LTFedExer

I hope DRA is just as "successful" as the original ROADS. Given our crack OSS staff, this is a real possibility.
Agreed. We had a meeting with OSS a while back and watched him write down the appropriate changes. Yet, 1/2 my route comes down the belt with someone elses number on it. Also, the other day I had a stop with my route number on it. By the time we figured out I had no P1 for them, the stop was buried under under 2 other stops (it was a super busy box day) and would have taken 10-15 minutes to get it out. Screw it, I did it as a stand alone.

Rhoderunner

Also, the other day I had a stop with my route number on it. By the time we figured out I had no P1 for them, the stop was buried under under 2 other stops (it was a super busy box day) and would have taken 10-15 minutes to get it out. Screw it, I did it as a stand alone.

ROADS is horrible doing multiple business with the same address. Suite numbers or not it simply sucks at it.

Artee

I stopped by the building today to get my last 2 paycheck stubs since I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks and have 3 days off this week. I checked my start time for when I come back on Thursday and they have me starting 6 minutes later per day now from here on out. A couple other guys who come in around my same time have also been pushed back 6 minutes. Heck I haven't gotten over 40 hours for the last year and a half. Guess I will have to hang out on the clock 6 minutes later at night now before punching out.

I was also off for a week of vacation last month and when I came back I had a couple guys ask me if they had called me at home to ask me to come in later. I told them I had been off and had no idea about what they were talking about. I guess that week I was off mgmt was calling guys at home and asking them to come in 10 minutes later a few days that week. They were asking employees to do that so the location would make budget for the month. :rolleyes:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I hope DRA is just as "successful" as the original ROADS. Given our crack OSS staff, this is a real possibility.
And many things will go wrong with DRA, guaranteed. Our Roads guy still has a long way to go before he even comes close to getting basic ROADS correct. The management will no doubt blame the couriers for everything that goes wrong for fear of stepping on the feet of OSS. All too predictable and way too obvious.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I stopped by the building today to get my last 2 paycheck stubs since I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks and have 3 days off this week. I checked my start time for when I come back on Thursday and they have me starting 6 minutes later per day now from here on out. A couple other guys who come in around my same time have also been pushed back 6 minutes. Heck I haven't gotten over 40 hours for the last year and a half. Guess I will have to hang out on the clock 6 minutes later at night now before punching out.

I was also off for a week of vacation last month and when I came back I had a couple guys ask me if they had called me at home to ask me to come in later. I told them I had been off and had no idea about what they were talking about. I guess that week I was off mgmt was calling guys at home and asking them to come in 10 minutes later a few days that week. They were asking employees to do that so the location would make budget for the month. :rolleyes:

Same with our local ramp. I have been told that AGFS has been directed to use COMPASS scheduling with RTDs. This would explain your start time being pushed back 6 minutes. As an ex-RTD, I can say with confidence that this is insane because the difference between the RTD functions and courier job is huge. This shows how utterly clueless MEM is regarding the way operations really work.

Trying to schedule CTV drivers to the minute just like couriers isn't going to work, but they're too dumb to figure that out. Instead, they'll throw money and engineers at it in futility until it finally dawns on them that they made a "mistake". It will, of course, never be admitted as such.

mitchel

The stop I mentioned is the only stop in that building.

this is actually pretty common on p1 bulk routes, its usually because of international that shows up in the sysytem but for whatever reason didnt make it to the station....or the one p1 is on someone elses truck and they just didnt know it until after they left the bld.

Artee

Same with our local ramp. I have been told that AGFS has been directed to use COMPASS scheduling with RTDs. This would explain your start time being pushed back 6 minutes. As an ex-RTD, I can say with confidence that this is insane because the difference between the RTD functions and courier job is huge. This shows how utterly clueless MEM is regarding the way operations really work.

Trying to schedule CTV drivers to the minute just like couriers isn't going to work, but they're too dumb to figure that out. Instead, they'll throw money and engineers at it in futility until it finally dawns on them that they made a "mistake". It will, of course, never be admitted as such.

Yep....they just stated some new scheduling thing within the last month. That must be it. In the past they always wanted you to start on the quarter hour(00,15,30,45). Now they have me scheduled to start at 21 after. LOL Talk about getting down to the minute.

Rhoderunner

Does ROADS allow you to build consignee lists for stops like this?
Probably be a great tool if used/administered appropriately. Good luck getting any face time with the OCC (engineer) who inputs the info. Hell we can't get improperly routed addresses corrected to the proper route. Nothing like getting payroll for some stores in a mall 3 routes over in ya bucket EVERY Friday.

Artee

Yep....they just stated some new scheduling thing within the last month. That must be it. In the past they always wanted you to start on the quarter hour(00,15,30,45). Now they have me scheduled to start at 21 after. LOL Talk about getting down to the minute.

Turns out they are not using compass, but something called OPs Scheduler. In hindsight I wish i was only losing 6 minutes per day. I just got wacked 2.5 hours per week. Now I will be getting just a little over 37 per week. Some guys lost 2 hours per day. Many lost an hour a day. Most people will be between 36-39 hours a week. A heavy route will be 43 hours. Part timers will be between 18 and 22 hours a week. Too many people and not enough work.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Turns out they are not using compass, but something called OPs Scheduler. In hindsight I wish i was only losing 6 minutes per day. I just got wacked 2.5 hours per week. Now I will be getting just a little over 37 per week. Some guys lost 2 hours per day. Many lost an hour a day. Most people will be between 36-39 hours a week. A heavy route will be 43 hours. Part timers will be between 18 and 22 hours a week. Too many people and not enough work.

Ops Scheduler is COMPASS, supposedly adapted to AGFS. Problem is, it doesn't work.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But... I read right here on this very board that you're entitled to however many hours you want despite the lack of work!

There you go again, defending what the company is doing. I'll go real slow so you can understand, OK? One of the major reasons there is a lack of work is that what we used to do is being transferred to Ground. FedEx is actively gutting the Express opco and investing in the Ground opco because profit margins are greater there, thanks largely to their slave labor workforce. The truth, plain and simple.

Fred is slashing Express hours because there is nothing standing in his way from doing so...no union, no ethics, no sense of loyalty to Express employees.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There you go again, defending what the company is doing. I'll go real slow so you can understand, OK? One of the major reasons there is a lack of work is that what we used to do is being transferred to Ground.

Let me explain this to you: no company is going to pay people to sit around and not do anything. FedEx, UPS, Costco, IBM, no one. Jobs get outsourced to cheaper ways of getting the same thing accomplished and I don't like it and neither does anyone else and it's not going to come to an abrupt halt because you think you're special.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let me explain this to you: no company is going to pay people to sit around and not do anything. FedEx, UPS, Costco, IBM, no one. Jobs get outsourced to cheaper ways of getting the same thing accomplished and I don't like it and neither does anyone else and it's not going to come to an abrupt halt because you think you're special.

LOL. FedEx pay employees to sit around doing nothing? Been to a station lately?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's what you're demanding with your "I don't care if volume drops we shouldn't have to take cuts in hours" whining.
What you're saying is we have to take any crap the company doles out along with a repeated "thank you sir, may I have another?" I can picture you waxing Fred's limo at no charge.