29 Minutes

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's what you're demanding with your "I don't care if volume drops we shouldn't have to take cuts in hours" whining.

I notice how you ignored the reason for most of the volume drop...Ground. Why is that? Why do you deny the dog and pony show that Express is trying to build volumes, when, in fact, they are deliberately moving it to Ground? They are selling Ground, not Express, so no wonder volume is dropping. Duh...

I'm glad you're so accepting of your impending huge pay cut.

starglacier

YES we had to sign 29 minutes a day cut. I X it out. Also our director said in the letter the couriers who make
the cut we be recognize as "ROAD WARRIORS"

vantexan

YES we had to sign 29 minutes a day cut. I X it out. Also our director said in the letter the couriers who make
the cut we be recognize as "ROAD WARRIORS"

As I read "ROAD WARRIORS" I glanced over at Buzz Lightyear and laughed. Every day the time card I turn in is what it took to get done that day. The only way I can cut 29 minutes is to drive on my lunch break. Not going to happen. I've known couriers who milk in the past but with gap reports, etc today they've effectively put pressure on everyone to perform well. To now suggest that we wring out 29 minutes is putting them in the category of the old Domino's Pizza. That kind of pressure, if they carry it out, will surely lead to accidents and deaths. And are we teenagers? Do we really get motivated to work harder because we're ROAD WARRIORS? I can see in my mind the newly minted road warriors at morning meetings with jaws jutted out, fists on their hips, a look of steely determination in their eyes. Put a flowing cape on their shoulders, purple and orange of course, and you'll have the New FedEx: bravely working for less so that the rich get richer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow!! Can I be a Road Warrior too? This sounds like a mechanism to motivate third graders. Maybe you should ask the MD if he wants to be Road Kill.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What you're saying is we have to take any crap the company doles out along with a repeated "thank you sir, may I have another?" I can picture you waxing Fred's limo at no charge.

Nah. What I'm saying is that changes in hours accompany changes in volume levels. I figured that even a guy like you could figure that out. Maybe next time I'll get out the Crayolas and draw it for you. You sound more and more like some of the idiots I know who worked for the Big 3 automakers.

59 Dano

I notice how you ignored the reason for most of the volume drop...Ground. Why is that? Why do you deny the dog and pony show that Express is trying to build volumes, when, in fact, they are deliberately moving it to Ground? They are selling Ground, not Express, so no wonder volume is dropping. Duh...

I'm glad you're so accepting of your impending huge pay cut.

What's your point? Whether volume drops because some of it goes to Ground, or the bottom falls out of the economy, or technology makes us a little more obsolete, it's still a drop in volume.

You're not special, snowflake. They aren't going to revamp their plans for you. If they find a more effective way to accomplish a goal, they're going to use it. Crawl out of your hole and look at how the world has been operating for the past 30+ years.

59 Dano

I've known couriers who milk in the past but with gap reports, etc today they've effectively put pressure on everyone to perform well.

That's the price that's paid for milking it, yet people still milk it and make it tough on everyone. When a courier says that he's doing the best that he possibly can and is then shown a GAP report that says otherwise, and then he picks up the pace, what does that tell everyone? One courier that I know very well came back from vacation this week to find that his start time had been moved back 20 minutes. A swing was making more P1's by 1015 than the regular courier was making by 1030, and that's without dropping any stops.

People don't learn.

vantexan

That's the price that's paid for milking it, yet people still milk it and make it tough on everyone. When a courier says that he's doing the best that he possibly can and is then shown a GAP report that says otherwise, and then he picks up the pace, what does that tell everyone? One courier that I know very well came back from vacation this week to find that his start time had been moved back 20 minutes. A swing was making more P1's by 1015 than the regular courier was making by 1030, and that's without dropping any stops.

People don't learn.

OK, but when we're all made to sign a statement saying we will do everything possible to eliminate 29 minutes from our day they are effectively painting us all with the same broad brush. What's next, telling us we aren't eliminating those 29 minutes, nice knowing us, we brought it on ourselves?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What's your point? Whether volume drops because some of it goes to Ground, or the bottom falls out of the economy, or technology makes us a little more obsolete, it's still a drop in volume.

You're not special, snowflake. They aren't going to revamp their plans for you. If they find a more effective way to accomplish a goal, they're going to use it. Crawl out of your hole and look at how the world has been operating for the past 30+ years.

Go, Fred, Go!! Rah,Rah,Rah!! I don't think I'm special, but you do, because you have all the FedEx answers straight from the MEM playbook. Maybe we should start calling you the "Answer Man". On second thought, maybe not, since your "answers" have just the slightest slant to them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

People don't learn.

Yep, you nailed all of us lazy couriers, Dano. We are totally "milking" it, given Gap reports that track us when we take a crap, ever-risng SPH goals, and BS like the "29 minute pledge". Maybe you can shave 29 mins off the time to buff Fred's limo by using a power buffer instead of doing it by hand, or perhaps you can outsource your shoeshine duties to someone who is faster (and cheaper), thereby saving the company money!! I've always thought that they should give your shill job to someone named Gundar in India, because he'd not only be less expensive, but a lot more knowledgable.

Fred is TOTALLY justified in cutting our pay by 25% or so because we're all effing lazy. God, you are sooo good at what you do.

Shills don't learn.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nah. What I'm saying is that changes in hours accompany changes in volume levels. I figured that even a guy like you could figure that out. Maybe next time I'll get out the Crayolas and draw it for you. You sound more and more like some of the idiots I know who worked for the Big 3 automakers.
You've sidestepped the question entirely and you're just like the puppet that Fred always groomed you to be. And since you're such a genious with volume levels I'm sure you got the next six months volume projections down to a gnat's ass.

59 Dano

OK, but when we're all made to sign a statement saying we will do everything possible to eliminate 29 minutes from our day they are effectively painting us all with the same broad brush. What's next, telling us we aren't eliminating those 29 minutes, nice knowing us, we brought it on ourselves?

The operative word being "try." ;)

They aren't necessarily looking for 29 minutes from each courier, but they are looking for improvement from the station as a whole. I've never seen a station hold each employee to whatever number was stated. I've never seen a station that made some half decent overall progress get hassled much. Don't be the station that doesn't make any notable progress or else a senior will come in with his one size fits all plan to make the progress for you and it won't be fun.