3 months since i quit, haven't looked back

P

pickup

Don't you hate people with super memories? :wink2:
How did you do that pickup?

Actually, memory had nothing to do with it. Rocket man resurrected a old thread that saw its last post in 2008. The thread popped up on the right and I was reading the posts when I came upon satellite's post and saw the date. Not hard to see that 4 years passed since then. I did have to look at the calendar behind me to see how many days we were into december and then some subtraction to figure out the number of days. Nothing more than that.

Slick,
much has changed since that post.
In Oct 2010, I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I got gut cut and returned to work in Feb 2011.
Financially, I am able to retire after 25yrs, except for one very important caveat in the Central States retirement health care insurance plan. Max yearly insurance payments are $150,000, thru CS, and at a cost of $800 a month.
Since I have a pre-existing condition, self insurance would cost me $3,000 to $4,000 a month.
So, to answer your question, the decision was already made for me.
Each morning I dust off my boots and try to make one more day.
Tomorrow will have to take care of itself.
Based on your post, you have been keeping a sharp eye on me.
Thanks for your concern.

Dear Sat, as you can see in the my reply to Texan, your "count down calendar" came to my attention just a few days ago. You can thank the "rocket man" for that. My prayers for your continued good health .