3 Regions, 20 Districts

705red

Browncafe Steward
I can do your job... let me look at my DIAD and see where I am supposed to go next...drop box off...pick box up...same thing as yesterday.
Kncklehead, you forgot the sales lead! LMAO

If you want me to stop handing you your own ass on a plate, just go to bed and stop posting! LOL:whiteflag:

:surprised::wink2::happy-very:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Salesguy said hes not in sales. Now whos not paying attention? This kind of mistake is what costs us business! lol

quick education

sales reps - cold call and handle day to day issues with strategic and small accounts (unfortuantly, this is where UPS needs to hire in our department, but these folks are being replaced by 800 numbers) - can be responsible for up to 300 accounts

key account manager or account executive - handles accounts who do between 40k and 200k - has a defined account base of 80-100 customers

Major account manager or Senior account executive - handles accounts who do a minimum of 200k per year with UPS. - account base of 20-40 customers

plus many other levels of sales positions aligned with customer size/segment/opportuntites. as you can see, the complexity of the accounts multiply with their size, thus the lower number of accounts. for instance, a SAE might have an "account, that represents one company" but that account has 500 locations

I am not a sales rep.

705red

Browncafe Steward
quick education

sales reps - cold call and handle day to day issues with strategic and small accounts (unfortuantly, this is where UPS needs to hire in our department, but these folks are being replaced by 800 numbers)

key account manager or account executive - handles accounts who do between 40k and 200k

Major account manager or Senior account executive - handles accounts who do a minimum of 200k per year with UPS.

plus many other levels of sales positions aligned with customer size/segment/opportuntites.

I am not a sales rep.

Dude, I did not know you worked for the 800 number. :surprised:

hudson

Kncklehead, you forgot the sales lead! LMAO

If you want me to stop handing you your own ass on a plate, just go to bed and stop posting! LOL:whiteflag:

:surprised::wink2::happy-very:
I have been driving since I was 16...Let me throw you a knuckle ball...deliver and pick up packages while you drive! Are you kidding me... I could never do that...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I really don't see the need for all the arguing. As a management person who has also been a driver, I am perfectly fine with admitting that the delivery drivers have nearly as important job as any. There are all types of roles that people play in order to get that package delivered that are very important, but ultimately the only person that the customer sees is the guy that delivers the package. That doesn't mean it's the only important job. Also, just because you are a BD guy and setup a contract with a customer doesn't mean you are the guy that is bringing us our work. You just happen to be the guy that benefitted from the sales lead and the good reputation of our brand. Certainly, we need guys like you to negotiate the contract with the customer, but it's unfair to act as if you did all the work to get the volume. Another thing to point out -- there really isn't a single job that I can think of at UPS that is "really hard." Almost all of us are replacable in some way or another - drivers, loaders, unloaders, IE, PE, middle management, BD, feeders, clerks, DMs, CMs, sorters, safety, security... - we may have our own personal specialization that make us better equipped for our own job, but that doesn't mean our job is so hard that no one else can do it. Granted, not all drivers could go and be a BD guy, but likewise, not all BD guys could go and be a driver (maybe an air driver, I guess :happy-very:). For the most part though, we all are pretty hard workers and work tough as nails to get the job done.

I'm starting to rant too much, but I'm just getting annoyed by the petty and precocious argument that is going on in this thread. We all play an important role and we need all the different branches of our company (mgt and union) in order to be as successful as we are.

This is the best post in this thread so far......

tourists24

Fortunately you guys are lucky...anyone can do your job!! I have been driving since I was 16!!!
Well that's good,,, you'll have no problem doing your job as well as mine... sound familiar? Cmon be a team player.... just deliver these stops on your way to all your other sales "stuff"... UPS will pay you extra

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have been driving since I was 16...Let me throw you a knuckle ball...deliver and pick up packages while you drive! Are you kidding me... I could never do that...
But you forgot the slaes lead again! DUDE!!!!

Wow, I too have been driving since I was 16 legally!

hudson

Wow, I too have been driving since I was 16 legally!

exactly....right over your head. You have taken something that almost ever American has known how to do since they were 16 and made it into a career. With the addition of dropping off and picking up packages...

tourists24

exactly....right over your head. You have taken something that almost ever American has known how to do since they were 16 and made it into a career. With the addition of dropping off and picking up packages...
aint it great,,,, and we get paid well to boot.... we dont want to do your work though,,, it may confuse us

705red

Browncafe Steward
Really, than why do people like you depend on us measly little servants to do your job for you? And if it was that easy why did you leave?

705red

Browncafe Steward
one sales lead per year is the expectation. LOL. since you are so good at your job, I would guess you could get one measly sales lead.
Actully I had the most sold sales lead last year in my building. I maxed out on 5 of them. I have some real good BD people in my center that actually care,but there are a few that are completely useless an should have sold at least another 5 leads for this company.

I ran into pick up problems because of this and all of my gravy pick ups where made some bonus at where taken away from me and now I'm over allowed because I pick up bulkier packages and don't have room left. I shot myself in the foot. That's why I will never turn in another lead!

Way to reward someone for going above and beyond!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I think some of us need to review the Terms of Service:

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.