30 day cover driver potential accident

Rack em

Made the Podium
Your center manager doesn't want to report accidents if it can be avoided, and this sounds like one of those times. He doesn't want you saying anything about it because if certain people find out he didn't report and accident then he will lose his job. Sweeping this incident under the rug is a win win for both of you so do as he says and don't mention it to anyone at work.

john chesney

Im on 20th day of cover driver probation period. Ran scratch 8 days so far. Drove saturday air and went to an area i wasnt familiar with. Its a gated community and google maps led me to the back entrance that has a gate with no key pad, and the only way in is with the resident sticker on car. I u turned to pull over and to run it off the stop seeing as it was 10 blocks away versus driving atleast 5 miles to get to the other side. I saw a resident coming so the bright colored crayon that i am followed her in. She was almost pass the gate that swings out then stops and starts to reverse. This butch was taking her miserable life out on a ups driver that could be delivering to her house. She starts moving forward and i proceed. Apparently theres a gate that swings vertical that is a foot away from the gate that swings out. So that vertical gate clips the back of the truck falls off. I pull over call sup immediately they tell me stay put until they figure something out. The lady comes over tells me she said that i cant go through this gate. I said mam you never said anything in fact you forced the gate to close on me. She drives away. Manager comes out and we put the pole back on the arm. It was fastened by plastic nuts so its designed to fall off. He said he spoke to his boss and told him ive been doing good on the route and that there is no damage to truck or gate. The residents said the gate falls off all the time. His boss told him that i need to understand that i cant talk about it in the center. My manager said that Im lucky that i couldve been dq because of my 30 days. I told him i thought i was. He then says if the company of the community claims it to be damaged then ill be in some bs. I just want to hear other peoples thougts. Im worried that i screwed myself out of driving and not sure about employment as well. Ive heard of employees keeping their jobs over worse :censored2:. I am unionized and circumsized.
Sounds like you got lucky on this one. You sound like you got a solid manager hard to come by these days. Respect what he said and shut your mouth about it

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Happened on saturday air.

Why are you running Saturday air during your 30 days? You should only be doing your training route, and nothing else, during qualification. Also, according to our supplemental, or rider (can't remember which at the moment), management can't dq us for a minor accident. Check your supplemental or rider to see if that language is in there.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
After sixty years, a Rabbi decides to retire. Taking the box of foreskins he has collected over the years of doing circumcisions, he goes to a leather goods manufacturer and says to the man, "Can you do anything with these?"

The man says, "No problem, come back in two weeks."

After two weeks the rabbi returns to the shop, and is presented with a wallet. In total dismay, he says to the craftsman, "After sixty years, the best you can do is a wallet?"

The man replies, "Don't worry, just rub it a few times and it will grow into a suitcase."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why are you running Saturday air during your 30 days? You should only be doing your training route, and nothing else, during qualification. Also, according to our supplemental, or rider (can't remember which at the moment), management can't dq us for a minor accident. Check your supplemental or rider to see if that language is in there.
Training route? Lol.
Learned three routes in my qualification period, and ran Saturday air every week. They're freaking desperate for people that can actually do that job.

MrBates

Im on 20th day of cover driver probation period. Ran scratch 8 days so far. Drove saturday air and went to an area i wasnt familiar with. Its a gated community and google maps led me to the back entrance that has a gate with no key pad, and the only way in is with the resident sticker on car. I u turned to pull over and to run it off the stop seeing as it was 10 blocks away versus driving atleast 5 miles to get to the other side. I saw a resident coming so the bright colored crayon that i am followed her in. She was almost pass the gate that swings out then stops and starts to reverse. This butch was taking her miserable life out on a ups driver that could be delivering to her house. She starts moving forward and i proceed. Apparently theres a gate that swings vertical that is a foot away from the gate that swings out. So that vertical gate clips the back of the truck falls off. I pull over call sup immediately they tell me stay put until they figure something out. The lady comes over tells me she said that i cant go through this gate. I said mam you never said anything in fact you forced the gate to close on me. She drives away. Manager comes out and we put the pole back on the arm. It was fastened by plastic nuts so its designed to fall off. He said he spoke to his boss and told him ive been doing good on the route and that there is no damage to truck or gate. The residents said the gate falls off all the time. His boss told him that i need to understand that i cant talk about it in the center. My manager said that Im lucky that i couldve been dq because of my 30 days. I told him i thought i was. He then says if the company of the community claims it to be damaged then ill be in some bs. I just want to hear other peoples thougts. Im worried that i screwed myself out of driving and not sure about employment as well. Ive heard of employees keeping their jobs over worse :censored2:. I am unionized and circumsized.

You're lucky. Looks like the center need drivers and UPS tends to cater to runners. You also did the right thing and reported it. Just keep your mouth shut and forget it ever happened. Looks like they are sweeping it under the rug.
They do same thing in my center. If your an honest runner they will help you if they can.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This may be the most bizarre derailing of thread I've been involved in
IMG_1806.gif