30 drivers+ layed off in Suffolk building?

local804

Asking a few guys to take a day off here and there is a little different than 30 guys getting laid off in 1 building and not 1 other person in any of this huge district. The DM and the LR mgr have a hardon for some reason and they are going to lose. Ever wonder why there is such a low moral at this company(NY area) and why the ERI is always tanked?

Oh and a BTW Another FT supervisor and center manager gone within the new year.
It is ** amazing

upsdude

Asking a few guys to take a day off here and there is a little different than 30 guys getting laid off in 1 building and not 1 other person in any of this huge district. The DM and the LR mgr have a hardon for some reason and they are going to lose. Ever wonder why there is such a low moral at this company(NY area) and why the ERI is always tanked?

Oh and a BTW Another FT supervisor and center manager gone within the new year.
It is ** amazing

I agree, the situation I posted about isn't the same.

I don't understand how they can lay off 30 drivers from one building. Did they cut 30 areas and consolidate to other routes? Are they moving work out your building to another location? I find it hard to believe that your building's volume has dropped that much, all of a sudden.

local804

I don't understand how they can lay off 30 drivers from one building. Did they cut 30 areas and consolidate to other routes? Are they moving work out your building to another location? I find it hard to believe that your building's volume has dropped that much, all of a sudden.

Yes Trp
It is very hard to understand why UPS must play thier games with thier egotistical minds. Like I said, the constant mental gymnastics will cost them in the long run. I guess if we dont like it, we can find another job, right guys? Isnt that always the answer?

feeder53

ADKtrails
Is it that slow in the NE? I am an extra in this area trying to shape a job, and I have not been called in a long time. I offered to work anyplace in the terminal.

W

westsideworma

we're doing what we typically do here in Worcester (ENE district) on the preload side (25-30k a day). We're still running close to 120 drivers daily. The lowest was MLK day due to closes (dipped to 111 drivers) but for the most part things seem pretty normal here. Though we too have got the number cruncher speeches. Our allotted hours sometimes don't even give everyone their guarantee (part time)...they really respect the contract huh? If both sides agreed to it, both sides should follow it, end of story. Integrity issues possibly?

pkg-king

I am amazed how things differ so much from one locatin to the next. We can't go over 9.5 hours here and can't keep drivers. I can't believe you guys are going through layoffs. I can honestly say we've never had a layoff in our building in the 20 years I've been with UPS.

B

brown and down

They probably wont lay off anybody. They post the list to cover their ass. If your on the list you are not guaranteed the 4 hour report pay for coming in. About 15 years ago I was on the layoff list when I first started driving for aprx 6 months during the slower summer months. I was then put on the "on call list". Still never lost a days pay. They always manage to sell a day or two to the more senior drivers. They only offer the days off to the guys that have routes they can cover easily. The stewards should go after anyone that comes in and then goes home because the center was over drivers. There are always drivers going home and others running their lunch. Meanwhile there are management people working all over the place.BTW for the guys on the layoff list you are not required to be home or answer the phone if they try to call you in. They cant have it both ways.

local804

They probably wont lay off anybody. They post the list to cover their ass. If your on the list you are not guaranteed the 4 hour report pay for coming in. About 15 years ago I was on the layoff list when I first started driving for aprx 6 months during the slower summer months. I was then put on the "on call list". Still never lost a days pay. They always manage to sell a day or two to the more senior drivers. They only offer the days off to the guys that have routes they can cover easily. The stewards should go after anyone that comes in and then goes home because the center was over drivers. There are always drivers going home and others running their lunch. Meanwhile there are management people working all over the place.BTW for the guys on the layoff list you are not required to be home or answer the phone if they try to call you in. They cant have it both ways.

They are on a LAYOFF list and 30 drivers WERE laid off on Monday. The list on which you speak is called an extra list.