30 New Planes for Express -- "We're Broke"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are always being told that "volumes are down", and that "Express is dying" and that "we cannot afford to increase your wages", and that "we all must sacfrifice". Fred is ordering 30 new wide-body Boeing aircraft for over $5.2 billion. Guess who is subsidizing those purchases? You are. Every day. Reamed and re-reamed over and over.

Oh, and all of those DC10's we had rebuilt into MD10's? To the desert.

Thanks, Fred!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And again, it looks like my station gets no holiday meal. Yay. Merry friend$%^&#*G Christmas.

And people wonder why we are pissed-off. Year after year, it's the same old crap. There's always money to invest into new aircraft, higher wage and benefit packages for pilots and high-level management....and squat for us. Eff them. It's time some of that money headed OUR way.

bbsam

Staff member
And people wonder why we are pissed-off. Year after year, it's the same old crap. There's always money to invest into new aircraft, higher wage and benefit packages for pilots and high-level management....and squat for us. Eff them. It's time some of that money headed OUR way.
Nobody wonders why you are pissed. They just don't care.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nobody wonders why you are pissed. They just don't care.

The problem is that there are a lot just like me out there. When they make the shift of XS/E2 over to Ground it will suddenly dawn on them that a Spanish-speaking box monkey who gets paid $10 per hour isn't going to be able to actually do the job. The Ground guy who delivers my neighborhood doesn't speak English and sort of knows how to read a map. He can get within a few blocks of the actual destination, which is "Mission Accomplished' for Ground. Your employees would consider WalMart a promotion, and that speaks volumes about the "quality" over at Ground.

They suck, and Ground sucks. But you make money. That's all that matters.

bbsam

Staff member
Guys, really. I'm not attacking you. The pronoun uses was "they" not "we". And whether it pisses you off or not, "they" really don't care. Complain about me and Ground all you want. Memphis doesn't care one bit.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The order hasn't been put in YET. Then again, it might be cheaper to buy new planes than to maintain the older aircraft we currently have.

It takes many years to recoup the price of a new aircraft, even when fuel prices are sky high. The real point here is that upper management made the decision to upgrade the DC10 fleet into MD10's, which turned out to be the wrong decision. Twin engine wide-body freighters like the 767, and narrow-body freighters like the 757 have been available since the 80's, and while UPS was smart enough to buy a bunch of them, Fred wasn't.

Who gets to pay for that poor management decision? We do. Think there will be any money in the pot left for us?

franknitty

Guys, really. I'm not attacking you. The pronoun uses was "they" not "we". And whether it pisses you off or not, "they" really don't care. Complain about me and Ground all you want. Memphis doesn't care one bit.

We are war with Fedex management ! I do my job well, but they can kiss my ass ! I'm the Juggernaut, bitch ! I'm suppose to have a bad attitude about Fedex !

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

We are war with Fedex management ! I do my job well, but they can kiss my ass !
ct

What this says is, just because we dislike the company, we don't give our customers any less and definitely don't give management any more than is expected. Most of us actually do like the job, just not the company.

vantexan

Isn't this the order Fred was threatening to pull if we were allowed to unionize? He pretty much had to do it or get thrashed in Washington.

A friend just sent me a list of 30 major corporations that paid more lobbying Congress than they did in taxes from 2008-2010. FedEx shelled out over $50,000,000 in lobbying expenses!