35 years -

Camping Nana

Congratulations to DH for recently completing 35 years of service with UPS! :thumbsup:

I appreciate your efforts to provide for your family! Your integrity, character and loyalty through the years are admirable!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
yup, and after 5 more, you get a 5% discount coupon for to the bionic body parts store for those little parts that are worn out:wink2:

congrats!

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Congratulations to DH for recently completing 35 years of service with UPS! :thumbsup:

I appreciate your efforts to provide for your family! Your integrity, character and loyalty through the years are admirable!

Grats to your husband and you. I know that a UPSer's spouse deserves congrats as well. UPS is a demanding company.
Hope you two are looking forward to spending more time together in a few years !?!?!?
Think you can out up with him 24/7? :wink2:

I have 36 and retirement will be coming in the next 5 yrs.
Take care and good luck.

Camping Nana

Grats to your husband and you. I know that a UPSer's spouse deserves congrats as well. UPS is a demanding company.
Hope you two are looking forward to spending more time together in a few years !?!?!?
Think you can out up with him 24/7? :wink2:

I have 36 and retirement will be coming in the next 5 yrs.
Take care and good luck.

Oh yeah - I could put up with him 24/7 - The question may be - Could he put up with me? :happy2: Yes, we are so looking forward to retirement. The housing market has kind of messed up our plans - but hopefully, in the not too distant future, we begin that adventure. Our motto for many years has been.... "come grow old with me - the best is yet to be...."

As far as being a UPS spouse, yes, there have been times I have wanted to cream some of the supervisors he has had; but ironically enough - most of those are no longer with the company. For the most part, it has been a great ride! UPS has been good to us and we are very appreciative of that!

Thanks to all of you for your congrats!

Tony31yrs

Congratulations, but check into your pension. We had a feeder driver who had 38 years in and was eligible for Social Security too. He was losing over $20,000 a year by working. Sadly, when he finally realized this and retired, he developed a brain tumor and died within a year. Get some hobbies and enjoy life while you can.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How sad,ain't that the way things end sometimes!! we had a guy retire here about 15 yrs ago.To celebrate two other p/c drivers took him to Florida to go fishing for his retirement celebation>They were hit head on by a dump truck killing two of them they 3rd guy was in bad shape but lived and did come back to work!!!:sad-little:

Camping Nana

Congratulations, but check into your pension. We had a feeder driver who had 38 years in and was eligible for Social Security too. He was losing over $20,000 a year by working. Sadly, when he finally realized this and retired, he developed a brain tumor and died within a year. Get some hobbies and enjoy life while you can.

Thanks for the congrats - regarding pension - we have met with the representative and know what we would be getting - that isn't the issue. We want to relocate when we retire and the housing market has put a real crimp in our plans. Social Security ??? Well, he started at UPS at 22 - so he is about about 5 years shy of collecting any Social Security - hope it is still around in 5 years.... :happy-very: