35 years

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You guys are * warriors man. 35 years in the box.....thats some serious dedication and knowing how to take care of yourself

Last edited by a moderator:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Congratulations on making it to the end. Thirty-five years in a package car is quite an accomplishment, not many can do that. I know, because that is where I am right now. I hope you throw away your alarm clock first thing! Enjoy your well-earned retirement.
What year was the weight limit increased from 70lb to 150lb?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You don't do it by being a runner-gunner. You work at a safe speed.
I'm learning. It's been about 2 years as a full time driver and everything is slowly getting harder physically. I've been pulling myself back a lot last few weeks. I actually enjoy the process of working fast and efficient and seeing how well I can "perform." Never been about impressing anybody or trying to kiss ass. But I'm learning that production has nothing to do with being succesful at the job. Success is making service, not doing anything stupid to make us look bad, and putting in an honest, safe days work.

Future

Victory Ride
76167875-9A4C-4163-BFF5-C31CE05A07AC.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
Congratulations on making it to the end. Thirty-five years in a package car is quite an accomplishment, not many can do that. I know, because that is where I am right now. I hope you throw away your alarm clock first thing! Enjoy your well-earned retirement.
Nature becomes your alarm clock now.

oldngray

nowhere special
I thought it was in 94?
It was just after we settled a contract. UPS claimed it wasn't a bargaining issue. But waited a few months after a contract was ratified to spring it on people. I just remember mid 90's but not the year. We had a wildcat strike for a couple of days .

A

Article 3

It was just after we settled a contract. UPS claimed it wasn't a bargaining issue. But waited a few months after a contract was ratified to spring it on people. I just remember mid 90's but not the year. We had a wildcat strike for a couple of days .
I was trying to count backwards by 5s and then 2s to remember the year. I wasn't working there yet.
If I remember correctly many locals struck.
Wasn't Carey the GP then?
I'm pretty sure BUG will be firing up the Panasonic cassette player to archive the info lol.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You set the alarm time by how much water you drink before bedtime?
Nature means noisy birds too......not just bodily functions. I get an owl that roosts on my chimney and he echoes in the fireplace. Note....don't do water except to take pills.