3rd Vote

ezmoney5150

Then your reading conmprehention level is very low. I would bet 99% of the members here understand that meant. No change in healthcare no longer progression. Basically status quo.

When a company is making a healthy profit we as union members should not even be discussing whether or not X concession is worthy of a no vote or not. Concessions should of never made it to the point that we even vote on it.

Well. I guess not everybody understands the word "Negotiations." How about give and take?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The SVD's are paid the first 5 or 10 days the employee takes off provided there is coverage available. My guess would be hiring to cover for that would be rough. My understanding is that it was proposed by the union and was not agreed. If they schedule vacations in November/December in my opinion it would be easier to cover. No matter what time of the year staffing is an issue at UPS because they cut everything close to the vest.
What I find absurd with this practice, is that all the company accomplishes, is to protect the attendance record of the employee who called off.
If they did that to me, I would have no problem calling off for 2 or 3 days at a later time, with only an hours notice to the company.
I had one center manager tell me that he was putting an employee in for a SDV and also charging him for an occurrence on the same day.
What an ridiculous notion.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
IMHO people are "angry" because certain people whip them into a hysteria that they're getting screwed.

As far as Art. 17 (I'm assuming you don't like 17i) if the company says they're not giving it up, guess what, its not going anywhere. About 10 years ago the company came to us about changing our dispatch procedure. They wanted to change the call in procedure to 2 hours. They wanted us to give them more than what the contract provides. We said no and guess what? We're still living under the same dispatch agreement with a 1 hour call in. The company is not going to give away 17i without us giving up something big. What are you willing to give up for 17i?
We are willing to give up Cleveland it will help?

ezmoney5150

No, 17(i) additional language was added. I presume that you got the changes being a steward.

And no, no one's whipping anyone up into hysteria down here.

I try to convey the whole picture to you and you seem to magnify issues that make people seem unintelligent and emotional freaks. This is a total waste of time.
considering I don't know you personally or your personality I can only use what you type and respond. I don't think that anyone is unintelligent. I see every day people who cant get the big picture. Theyre caught up in their own world and their own world view. Not quite sure where youre at yet.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
considering I don't know you personally or your personality I can only use what you type and respond. I don't think that anyone is unintelligent. I see every day people who cant get the big picture. Theyre caught up in their own world and their own world view. Not quite sure where youre at yet.
Where did you get your rose colored glasses?
It's nice of you to share your vast perspective with us "every day people".
We're learning a lot.

C

chuchu

By now if would/should be obvious that I care about part time workers. I am full time and was hired off the street. I only worked part time when I was laid off.
I dont care about a raise and I dont care about 9.5s. I came from a business that we worked 70-80+ hrs a week and my kids are all grown up.
I care about the peoples needs around me. I'm a steward. I've been one for some time. (I'm not a patron saint.) What is important to them is important to me and they have valid issues.

I can't speak for your local. You have one steward there that I think is a great dude and is involved . You are lucky to have great BAs and support.

Everyone has an opinion and trading thoughts BC sometimes crashes and burns. But that's because all of us here feel strongly about our local issues.

I don't think I could bring myself to dog you folks every day the way you have us if you were voting No because of issues that you don't like. Put the shoe on the other foot and extend some respect to locals that want better for their lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stonefish

What I find absurd with this practice, is that all the company accomplishes, is to protect the attendance record of the employee who called off.
If they did that to me, I would have no problem calling off for 2 or 3 days at a later time, with only an hours notice to the company.
I had one center manager tell me that he was putting an employee in for a SDV and also charging him for an occurrence on the same day.
What an ridiculous notion.
The only way they can pay you is if there is coverage available so calling off 2 or 3 days doesn't necessarily cover you.
That's a funny one vacations are attendance infractions also. NOT

C

chuchu

The only way they can pay you is if there is coverage available so calling off 2 or 3 days doesn't necessarily cover you.
That's a funny one vacations are attendance infractions also. NOT
Better spread them out over nine months then. Lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
votnofb_0.jpg