40 drivers layed off

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I know in my building a huge percentage of driver's (relative to normal here and there retirements ) will be leaving when the 2017 enhancements bump up our monthly pension.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I told my coworkers that once the teamsters took over health bennies uPs would over hire. They will almost be able to bust the union just by over staffing, think about it.
Actually more people in a health care pool is better...especially being that new hires are usually younger people with fewer ailments.

Deemster

Just a quick update. PC drivers that were laid off were called back this week.

I don't think everyone was called back, but a majority was. Laid off a total of three weeks.

Now to hurry up and wait for my turn. I'm hoping seasonal driver sign-up's go up by the end of the month

box_beeyotch

Just a quick update. PC drivers that were laid off were called back this week.

I don't think everyone was called back, but a majority was. Laid off a total of three weeks.

Now to hurry up and wait for my turn. I'm hoping seasonal driver sign-up's go up by the end of the month

The only reason we have 6 drivers laid off is because they opt to double shift rather than come in and run a route blind by map and by tips from the driver. There is always somebody willing to go home.

PT Car Washer

The only reason we have 6 drivers laid off is because they opt to double shift rather than come in and run a route blind by map and by tips from the driver. There is always somebody willing to go home.
There very will be someONE who is willing to take the day off but can you guarantee 6 drivers will take the time off everyday of the week.

PT Car Washer

It sure is working out for me and I'm pretty low seniority. I can't buy a day off.
That is great and I am glad it is working out for you. Our laid off drivers are really getting tired of working two sorts and being told "maybe next week we will need you". With the low volume and route cutting in my building I can't really see all of them working steady until next Peak. Good news is us Baby Boomers can't live forever.

box_beeyotch

That is great and I am glad it is working out for you. Our laid off drivers are really getting tired of working two sorts and being told "maybe next week we will need you". With the low volume and route cutting in my building I can't really see all of them working steady until next Peak. Good news is us Baby Boomers can't live forever.
Summer vacations usually help, that's a good time to step up and learn something new.

MobileBA

In the NW District they've been operating a full service Saturday delivery and pick up operation, "a science experiment", they discontinued it in May and are now analyzing the information. If they proceed Nationwide with a full service Saturday imagine the need for drivers. Thus, maybe they're getting the benches ready. Also, in our District there is probably a full timer retiring every week. So, maybe they're just trying to stay ahead of the game.

Browndriver5

In the NW District they've been operating a full service Saturday delivery and pick up operation, "a science experiment", they discontinued it in May and are now analyzing the information. If they proceed Nationwide with a full service Saturday imagine the need for drivers. Thus, maybe they're getting the benches ready. Also, in our District there is probably a full timer retiring every week. So, maybe they're just trying to stay ahead of the game.
I hope they go to 6 days.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.

I really think UPS should start delivering res ground on Saturdays. Scheduling might be a pain in the ass though. I'd be cool with a 4-day, 48-hour workweek.