42 bux an hour?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That would require minimally $1.00/yr raises for the next 5 years. It's possible but I wouldn't count on it. The last year of this contract was indeed $1.

Considering inflation, the last years of the next contract could be $1.50. Who knows.

One wonders if there's a tipping point for driver pay whatever that means. $42/hr straight time for drivers can't make UPS execs too excited. That eclipses most well skilled professions.
The economy is rolling right now. Wages have been stagnant for awhile. Look for inflation to hit hard sometime soon.

Hell my wife and her coworkers got a 40k a year raise because they couldn't find anyone to fill the openings they had.

35years

Gravy route
united-states-wage-growth.png

Wages are increasing at about 3-4% per year.

4% increase on $35 an hr= $1.40
3% increase on $35 an hr= $1.05

Inflation is at about 2.1% this year.

2.1% increase on $35 is $.74

I would take a buck per year.

Or better yet, real overtime control and pension stability.

DOK

That would require minimally $1.00/yr raises for the next 5 years. It's possible but I wouldn't count on it. The last year of this contract was indeed $1.

Considering inflation, the last years of the next contract could be $1.50. Who knows.

One wonders if there's a tipping point for driver pay whatever that means. $42/hr straight time for drivers can't make UPS execs too excited. That eclipses most well skilled professions.

Tipping point? You'd be surprised what other, smaller corporations, pay their people. Ups is no longer the gold standard regarding pay, or anything else for that matter.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm a driver.
If you think starting part timers at 20/hr is going to create better applicants, quality loads, and a better company, you're crazy.
You stay in the company long enough, you'll make good money, PT or FT.

The problem with today's world is that everybody wants the perks and pay without spending the time and earning it.

Staydryitsraining

If you think starting part timers at 20/hr is going to create better applicants, quality loads, and a better company, you're crazy.
You stay in the company long enough, you'll make good money, PT or FT.

The problem with today's world is that everybody wants the perks and pay without spending the time and earning it.
Whoa. Never said start them at 20 an hour. There is 2 side's to why I said what I said. The driver side. Top pay now is 35.80 to think we can continue to just get raises and not price ourselves out of a job or put the company in a position to say enough is enough we need to do something ( I can guarantee no one will like it or it won't shaft people down th road) about it is ignorant. Over time has to be addressed but to think raises every year is going to work is like saying pensions didn't need to be addressed 10 years ago. On the pter side. Maybe you have been driving for so long that you can't appreciate the job they do but to think they should start at 10.50 an hour and only get 50 or 70 cent raises a year with waiting a year for insurance is a good deal than your obviously blind or have been driving too long. In fully aware that it's not a full time job but to think the job they do and the :censored2: they deal with is worth 10.50 an hour is ludacris.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Whoa. Never said start them at 20 an hour. There is 2 side's to why I said what I said. The driver side. Top pay now is 35.80 to think we can continue to just get raises and not price ourselves out of a job or put the company in a position to say enough is enough we need to do something ( I can guarantee no one will like it or it won't shaft people down th road) about it is ignorant. Over time has to be addressed but to think raises every year is going to work is like saying pensions didn't need to be addressed 10 years ago. On the pter side. Maybe you have been driving for so long that you can't appreciate the job they do but to think they should start at 10.50 an hour and only get 50 or 70 cent raises a year with waiting a year for insurance is a good deal than your obviously blind or have been driving too long. In fully aware that it's not a full time job but to think the job they do and the :censored2: they deal with is worth 10.50 an hour is ludacris.

In a year, they're getting something that's worth thousands of dollars, HEALTHCARE, for free.
That alone is worth coming in and toiling through mundane jobs like unloading, sorting, preloading.
All for coming in 4 hours a day.
UPS wants people that come in to work everyday and see the big picture, A CAREER.
If you prove you can, you get in line for the big bucks.
I do remember my part time days, I also remember talking to some union guys that told me the best is yet to come.