42 bux an hour?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
In a year, they're getting something that's worth thousands of dollars, HEALTHCARE, for free.
That alone is worth coming in and toiling through mundane jobs like unloading, sorting, preloading.
All for coming in 4 hours a day.
UPS wants people that come in to work everyday and see the big picture, A CAREER.
If you prove you can, you get in line for the big bucks.
I do remember my part time days, I also remember talking to some union guys that told me the best is yet to come.
Then they should create more full time jobs. None of this 15 year wait for a combo

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Then they should create more full time jobs. None of this 15 year wait for a combo
Everywhere's different.
I waited 6 back in the day.

Around here, a lot of former drivers have gone inside and taken the combo jobs, leaving driver jobs open for part timers.

542thruNthru

Put sauce on the calzone and Presto, Chicago greasy deep dish...

It's obvious you've never had Chicago deep dish. New York pizza is the greasiest pizza in the world.

Cheese-Cake-003.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Everywhere's different.
I waited 6 back in the day.

Around here, a lot of former drivers have gone inside and taken the combo jobs, leaving driver jobs open for part timers.
Then the part timers Bitch those jobs were meant for them. They don't want to drive.

WhaaAAaaaaa

clean hairy

Back in the early 80's a person could flip burgers for 3.35 an hour. Or, possibly get on with UPS at 8 bux an hour.
UPS could be picky about who they hired back then.

Now, flippng burgers, and retail along with other employers start at more than UPS.
Today, UPS will hire almost anyone who is alive.
Gone is the prestige of working for UPS.

DOK

Whoa. Never said start them at 20 an hour. There is 2 side's to why I said what I said. The driver side. Top pay now is 35.80 to think we can continue to just get raises and not price ourselves out of a job or put the company in a position to say enough is enough we need to do something ( I can guarantee no one will like it or it won't shaft people down th road) about it is ignorant. Over time has to be addressed but to think raises every year is going to work is like saying pensions didn't need to be addressed 10 years ago. On the pter side. Maybe you have been driving for so long that you can't appreciate the job they do but to think they should start at 10.50 an hour and only get 50 or 70 cent raises a year with waiting a year for insurance is a good deal than your obviously blind or have been driving too long. In fully aware that it's not a full time job but to think the job they do and the :censored2: they deal with is worth 10.50 an hour is ludacris.

In a year, they're getting something that's worth thousands of dollars, HEALTHCARE, for free.
That alone is worth coming in and toiling through mundane jobs like unloading, sorting, preloading.
All for coming in 4 hours a day.
UPS wants people that come in to work everyday and see the big picture, A CAREER.
If you prove you can, you get in line for the big bucks.
I do remember my part time days, I also remember talking to some union guys that told me the best is yet to come.

Sadly, that's not how it works with this generation. Career?? Say what.

wayfair

swollen member
Back in the early 80's a person could flip burgers for 3.35 an hour. Or, possibly get on with UPS at 8 bux an hour.
UPS could be picky about who they hired back then.

Now, flippng burgers, and retail along with other employers start at more than UPS.
Today, UPS will hire almost anyone who is alive.
Gone is the prestige of working for UPS.

but if you flip burgers or do retail, after a year, you still get to pay for benefits.

Over 70

but if you flip burgers or do retail, after a year, you still get to pay for benefits.

It would be nice if they would give you the option to opt out of the healthcare and get a check each month. They could sizably increase some people's incomes and at the same time save money because the amount they give you is usually less than it costs them.

My new job does this. My wife's healthcare is better than UPS' was and almost identical to my new job's package. Hers is practically free (20/month for whole family) and my job costs around 100/month for whole family.

My new employer cuts me a check for 200/month to opt out plus It's not costing me 100 so basically 300/month or 3600/year on top of my salary. You can opt back in once a year or if your current coverage is lost for any reason.

I dunno if I was an 18 year old kid on my parents insurance till 26 this bump in pay as a loader would make 4am look much more enticing.