4th of July ........plans too

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

More nanny state laws to protect us from ourselves.

Make it all legal, take responsibility for your own actions.

So you would "swim at your own risk"?

We have several natural spring water sites locally which have been tapped so that people can fill up their water jugs. It is really good water---when I had my country run I would fill my water jug up in the morning and again in the afternoon. The sites have been around for years and no one has ever gotten sick from the water yet the state felt it necessary to put up signs saying the water had not been tested and that you drink at your own risk.

Of course, this is the generation where kids receive medals and ribbons simply for showing up and participating.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
More nanny state laws to protect us from ourselves.

Make it all legal, take responsibility for your own actions.

I hate nanny state laws as much as anyone, but by the same token with rights come responsibilities.

I support the 2nd Amendment, but at the same time I recognize that it is and should be illegal to discharge a firearm within city limits or in a negligent manner. Fireworks ought to be regarded in the same manner. Instead of laws banning certain types, there should instead be restrictions on the location and manner in which they are used.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mocha knows her and she bosses Mocha around and gives her treats. Mocha will even crawl into bed with her if there is a snuggly blanket involved.

texan

Is it not funny how dogs sense who is part of the pact / family, and who is not?

Good dogs just know that they know, this by instincts.

I figured as such, but brought it up, as good family dogs are so sensitive to those that are part of
a family, and those that are not.

there are areas that all fireworks are banned and those neighborhoods have the most illegal of illegal fireworks that the residents shoot directly at each other!

If you wear safety goggle it's perfectly safe. Don't be a party pooper.

images

Aaaaahhh!!!! I've been necroposted!!!!!

DS

Fenderbender
It's Canada day today...woohoo.
We went to have a picnic at the Rockwood conservation area today.
GRCA - Parks - Rockwood -
It was a dull day and we were on baby watch.
We lost reception with our cell phones and cut it short.Our daughter in law is very pregnant.
It's dusk here now and the fireworks are starting.
I'm so lazy this is going to be my dinner.
Place tortilla chips on a paper plate. Pour taco sauce over chips. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. If desired, top with jalapeno pepper slices.
Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until cheese is melted.

texan

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands
which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and
equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions
of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator
with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from
the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these
ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government....
13_zps04bd235f.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Battle of Gettysburg 150th Anniversary this week. Everyone should walk Pickett's Charge one time or climb little round top to feel what happened there

Gettysburg 150th Anniversery.jpg
Gettysburg 150th Anniversery.jpg

UPS Lifer

If you wear safety goggle it's perfectly safe. Don't be a party pooper.

images

Aaaaahhh!!!! I've been necroposted!!!!!

I was thinking of Chicago when I wrote this. I spent my summers as a kid staying with my cousins. They had the best fireworks and we had firework fights shooting rockets at each other through the yards with no fences. Honestly .... It was fantastic fun!
I NEVER remember anyone getting hurt - just good clean fun!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I was thinking of Chicago when I wrote this. I spent my summers as a kid staying with my cousins. They had the best fireworks and we had firework fights shooting rockets at each other through the yards with no fences. Honestly .... It was fantastic fun!
I NEVER remember anyone getting hurt - just good clean fun!

We did the same thing when I was a kid with bottle rockets & roman candles.
​ At my house, we had a large boulder retaining wall, topped off with cast concrete. To save concrete, they inserted sonnet tubes into the forms, then poured around them, leaving large voids. My dad would bring home m80's & 1/4 sticks & let us light them & throw into the holes in the wall. It was like a cannon going off. Fun then, but I can't believe nobody ever got hurt, or worse.

UPS Lifer

The West has the "Wild West" and I love the history but I really want to see the history in the south and the east. I hope I can plan a vacation that will encompass a grand historical vacation. I would love to take a grand child but I guess that will have to wait seeing as I don't have any yet.