5 hr safety ride ??

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well at MY hub its ALL a game !! I just play it , its not a job anymore its a GAME !! Your hub might be all warm and fuzzy , my hub is cut throat , different rules every day . Just a joke , where I work . I have had some many bosses in the last 7 yrs I can not even count . ( atleast 15 ) Yes I know any of us , is JUST a body !! who cares . I play the game to the best I can , and then go home . I just hate my job , and I tell them that EVERYDAY !! but I am one of the top 5 drivers in hub ! so they LOVE to Hate me !!!! I will always post negitive about UPS on here , I thought this was a place to vent , so I guess if my post disturb you , you might not want to read them anymore ...................
It does not disturb me, I see your joy in giving it to them. I just wanted to warn you but I guess you have been there long enough to know, so just ignore what I say. I dont give anyone a hard time, I prefer to be invisible. I actually like my job, I like the physical part, it has just become way too hard, harder than it needs to be with all the memorization, 60 million rules, and endless aggravation.
You know that feeling when you get when you see a cop behind you, and even though you havent done anything wrong or maybe you have, you get that sinking feeling when they come up behind you lights glaring, then they drive by. That is how I feel every day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Well at MY hub its ALL a game !! I just play it , its not a job anymore its a GAME !! Your hub might be all warm and fuzzy , my hub is cut throat , different rules every day . Just a joke , where I work . I have had some many bosses in the last 7 yrs I can not even count . ( atleast 15 ) Yes I know any of us , is JUST a body !! who cares . I play the game to the best I can , and then go home . I just hate my job , and I tell them that EVERYDAY !! but I am one of the top 5 drivers in hub ! so they LOVE to Hate me !!!! I will always post negitive about UPS on here , I thought this was a place to vent , so I guess if my post disturb you , you might not want to read them anymore ...................

Self proclaimed top 5 driver.

slantnosechevy

A five hour ride with me would be a 100 mile walk home for a sup. He better stay on all day if he wants to get back to the building.

Hahahaha I left one at a business years ago because he could'nt keep up. He had to run 8 blocks to catch up. He never left the car the rest of the day. He would'nt even take a bathroom break. When we got back to the lot he sprinted to the bathroom.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It does not disturb me, I see your joy in giving it to them. I just wanted to warn you but I guess you have been there long enough to know, so just ignore what I say. I dont give anyone a hard time, I prefer to be invisible. I actually like my job, I like the physical part, it has just become way too hard, harder than it needs to be with all the memorization, 60 million rules, and endless aggravation.
You know that feeling when you get when you see a cop behind you, and even though you havent done anything wrong or maybe you have, you get that sinking feeling when they come up behind you lights glaring, then they drive by. That is how I feel every day.
That's funny and OOOOOH SOOOOO true. I had one behind me the other night. When I pulled over he pulled over behind me. Oooooops. :bag:He clocked me at 86 in a 75. Now, when the hell did AZ go from 16 over to 11 over being a criminal traffic violation?? :censored2: He gave me a warning and I gave him the phone number for our other center. He was expecting a package. Turns out he is a neighbor as well. Really nice guy. :bigsmile2:

barnyard

KTM rider
A bunch of years ago, someone on another board suggested that on a particular Friday, we (the people on that board) see how many smiles we could get. If you have never tried, all you have to do is smile and you will get a smile back.

As luck would have it, that day we had late air. No matter, I smiled and people smiled back. I probably had 100 smiles in my pocket by the time my pick ups started. Then the crap started rolling in, I had to help a neighbor, then coming in, I had to meet another and I ended up punching out close to 8p on a Friday night. My wife called to remind me that she was out of town for the weekend and by the way, be nice to the youngest it is the 1 year anniversary of a friend that lost his battle with cancer (he was 17 when he passed.) Fan-freaking-tastic.

My on-car was still in the building when I got in and said something kind of smart alecy and I laid into him.

I let all the crap get to me and unloaded. It was pretty unfair to him and I realized it an hour later and called to apologize. Really, all I could think about was how I had wasted those 100 smiles I got that day.

I lost some serenity that evening. Smiling and getting smiles helps to get some of that back.

The hardest days to smile are when we are having bad days, but if you do smile, you will be rewarded.

Life is too short to be a hardass about work.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
5 hours!!!! All day!!!! Wahhh, you guys have it easy.

They are starting 40 hour (that's right, I said 40 hour) "Observation rides" here. Imagine having some fool with you for the whole week....

eyeball

careful, i worked hard for the honor of riding with you....

satellitedriver

First off, I do not work at a hub. I load my pkg car at an empty WalMart parking lot.
No warm and fuzzy here. Hell, I do not even have a roof,or a bathroom.
I can count how many center manager's I have had.
13 is the number.
On road Sup's, about 35.
Top 5 driver?
I was awarded driver of the year and given a bonus check.
My first 10yrs I had to commute 110 miles to drive "the truck".
It took me 21yrs before I missed a single day off.
You can try and punk me, but after 25yrs, I can meet you tit for tat.
Your post did not disturb me.
I just wonder why you are so disturbed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's funny and OOOOOH SOOOOO true. I had one behind me the other night. When I pulled over he pulled over behind me. Oooooops. :bag:He clocked me at 86 in a 75. Now, when the hell did AZ go from 16 over to 11 over being a criminal traffic violation?? :censored2: He gave me a warning and I gave him the phone number for our other center. He was expecting a package. Turns out he is a neighbor as well. Really nice guy. :bigsmile2:
Speeding tickets are 99% minor infractions and not criminal violations, unless it is extremely reckless driving and it is charged as such (criminal misdemeanor/felony violation).

GolfCart

First off, I do not work at a hub. I load my pkg car at an empty WalMart parking lot.
No warm and fuzzy here. Hell, I do not even have a roof,or a bathroom.
I can count how many center manager's I have had.
13 is the number.
On road Sup's, about 35.
Top 5 driver?
I was awarded driver of the year and given a bonus check.
My first 10yrs I had to commute 110 miles to drive "the truck".
It took me 21yrs before I missed a single day off.
You can try and punk me, but after 25yrs, I can meet you tit for tat.
Your post did not disturb me.
I just wonder why you are so disturbed.

Once again , ups wins . Turning brother against brother . I got disturbed because you jumped on me about complaining to much . We all love the money , vacation time , but I just hate my job ! The more ya do , the more ya get ! Ups wants driver against driver to break down the union and get old guys like us Out ! So let's try to get along , because Ups is wins , if we ague , and I hate ups

robot

Has A Large Member
You get a bonus check for being driver of the year? Best driver in your center, division, country?

Never heard of this before, just curious.

satellitedriver

Once again , ups wins . Turning brother against brother . I got disturbed because you jumped on me about complaining to much . We all love the money , vacation time , but I just hate my job ! The more ya do , the more ya get ! Ups wants driver against driver to break down the union and get old guys like us Out ! So let's try to get along , because Ups is wins , if we ague , and I hate ups
I am not a great lover of UPS, and care far less for the teamsters.
Hate all you wish.
I left a better paying job/career 26yrs ago, because ,I refused to live my life hating the company I worked for.
As tough as my 26yrs working for UPS have been, there is one truth.
Every promise UPS made to me has been met, and I returned like in kind.
Your brotherhood -(teamster)- promises have fallen very short, and have turned promises into excuses.
This old geezer does not intend to be pushed out by anyone.