50% MIP, 12k employees being cut

Pullman Brown

She is not to blame. The country is to blame. Everyone wants cheap stuff and high salary. We outsourced jobs and imported cheap workers (H1B) and illegals. This is nothing. Wait until we "reset" the country with civil war.

If Americans have balls, we would have had general strike shutting down the country and hold all Wall Street and politicians accountable.

Which one is it junior-you just said fire her on another thread. Make your mind up!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
She is not to blame. The country is to blame. Everyone wants cheap stuff and high salary. We outsourced jobs and imported cheap workers (H1B) and illegals. This is nothing. Wait until we "reset" the country with civil war.

If Americans have balls, we would have had general strike shutting down the country and hold all Wall Street and politicians accountable.

“Balls, balls We don’t need no stinking balls”

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
2023 Revenue dropped by almost 10 Billion vs 2022
2023 Profit dropped by 4 Billion vs 2022

Can we say that those excessive profits UPS made during the pandemic years where a anomaly…one pandemic every hundred years is the average…unless China gets sloppy again..

UPS stock before the pandemic was selling around 80 a share I believe, topped off at 200 at its peak. Today 148…Do the math..it was a set up from the get go…even this last Contract.

Can we say that those excessive profits UPS made during the pandemic years where a anomaly…one pandemic every hundred years is the average…unless China gets sloppy again..

UPS stock before the pandemic was selling around 80 a share I believe, topped off at 200 at its peak. Today 148…Do the math..it was a set up from the get go…even this last Contract.
Unfortunately the company decided to play defense during the pandemic

That's when they should have had some share BuyBacks and issued some long-term debt at a very low interest rate

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
So this is more about Wall Street expectations resetting and the company??
Nah, more about that the free covid ride is officially over. We will go back to unsexy, sub 3% growth forecasts until the next worldwide pandemic. I can see our stock going below $100 by this time next year.
Where is she to blame in all this? The decision to hold out on a contract agreement earlier then later? Or is that irrelevant?
UPS lost $6 billion to labor negotiations alone. That money would've helped the company better ride out the economic downturn. It was a colossal failure of leadership to drag on the negotiations as long as we did. Given the labor environment at that time, I still don't know why our negotiation committees decided to get cute and nonchalant about the damage the talks were having on our company. Now we have to cull 14% of our management Partners to subsidize the failures of our corporate + teamsters leadership. Nobody wins in this scenario.
Also I'm still getting the Tuesday morning customer complaints about late NDAs. If we have souped-up, elite operators that apparently don't need management, why is the damn Air late??!? I need a drink. Good luck to us all.

Pullman Brown

i dunno lol, HR does management staffing, IE does hourly staffing

this is my understanding, that this is a long time coming and blaming covid is basically an excuse to drop the axe

Nah, more about that the free covid ride is officially over. We will go back to unsexy, sub 3% growth forecasts until the next worldwide pandemic. I can see our stock going below $100 by this time next year.

UPS lost $6 billion to labor negotiations alone. That money would've helped the company better ride out the economic downturn. It was a colossal failure of leadership to drag on the negotiations as long as we did. Given the labor environment at that time, I still don't know why our negotiation committees decided to get cute and nonchalant about the damage the talks were having on our company. Now we have to cull 14% of our management Partners to subsidize the failures of our corporate + teamsters leadership. Nobody wins in this scenario.
Also I'm still getting the Tuesday morning customer complaints about late NDAs. If we have souped-up, elite operators that apparently don't need management, why is the damn Air late??!? I need a drink. Good luck to us all.
I’m still expecting those air conditioned package trucks!!

RangerMan06

Late air is caused by imbeciles sitting in an office states away telling local management to cut preload and routes causing gross over dispatch and late leave building times

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Late air is caused by imbeciles sitting in an office states away telling local management to cut preload and routes causing gross over dispatch and late leave building times
They shouldn't have cut air drivers.
They should have left resi commits at 10:30
They should have kept the 1500 commit on buisness savers.
They shouldn't have cut drop box times.
They shouldn't have cut bulk vans and sent package cars for 4 skids. ( my customers don't like this)
They shouldn't send you out on Monday with 4 bulk stops across 70 miles when every customer likes them early.

UPS used to be flexible and I think a lot of our customers feel like we don't want their business.

Pullman Brown

They shouldn't have cut air drivers.
They should have left resi commits at 10:30
They should have kept the 1500 commit on buisness savers.
They shouldn't have cut drop box times.
They shouldn't have cut bulk vans and sent package cars for 4 skids. ( my customers don't like this)
They shouldn't send you out on Monday with 4 bulk stops across 70 miles when every customer likes them early.

UPS used to be flexible and I think a lot of our customers feel like we don't want their business.
That was her point! UPS doesn’t want many of these companies business.