50% MIP, 12k employees being cut

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
she didn't say how much of that 12k is management, but presumably a bunch of people will get cut (most likely on road, this has been the plan for literally years)

she blames our revenue, which is down over LY sure but it's still beating pre-COVID which is the true measure of things

tl;dr is "we overstaffed for what we thought would be the new normal in the [strongest economy in history], whoopsie doopsie that wasn't true, you're fired thanks for your service"
You heard wrong cuz the majority of those 12k coming straight outta the ivory towers around the world. How many bean counters and chair spinners does one really need

RangerMan06

These 12000 management and corporate positions will not be the last cuts this year. Carol will realize how redundant and unnecessary most of the corporate positions and departments really are like the CMO.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I'm taking the dog, the stapler, and the stash of 'lost' CODs in the steward's desk and no one can stop me.
Fair enough.

I wouldn't want your job. Pretty sure you wouldn't want mine.
This company doesn't care about either of us.

But I do enjoy people with a sense of humor.

Management is told how many stops per car they must run from the corporate level
actually it's a plan day target, but SPC is the easiest metric for mongoloids in ops to understand so that's all we hear about

also the daily target comes from a region tool, not corporate

therefore how many routes they must run. If you can't understand that causes over dispatch and late leave building times then you don't know what you're talking about
the DM can do whatever they want, nobody but him/her is telling ANYONE to add or cut routes in the morning

You heard wrong cuz the majority of those 12k coming straight outta the ivory towers around the world. How many bean counters and chair spinners does one really need
tell that to the hubs we closed and sacked the entire management team

but hey what do I know, you're the union hourly, you know everything

RangerMan06

actually it's a plan day target, but SPC is the easiest metric for mongoloids in ops to understand so that's all we hear about

also the daily target comes from a region tool, not corporate

the DM can do whatever they want, nobody but him/her is telling ANYONE to add or cut routes in the morning
Well when the plan day target is over 10hrs 9.5s are going to happen as well as late air.
I've been in meetings with labor managers, district managers, and on road sups at the same time while they get their asses reemed by corporate for not hitting SPC.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Elon is so desperate to get out from under that mess he's trying to blackmail Tesla shareholders into giving him more money to keep himself afloat. Don't believe the memes.
Im not arguing Elon with you. Im just pointing out that he cut 80% of Twitters staff and it still works.

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
Fair enough.

I wouldn't want your job. Pretty sure you wouldn't want mine.
This company doesn't care about either of us.

But I do enjoy people with a sense of humor.
Unfortunately they only care about their shareholders and not the customers or their employees
Right on guys, I did say it was a 'nobody wins' scenario. All covid did was delay these inevitable moves. Abney got sacked because earnings were snail-paced and costs kept going up. Carol was brought in to clean house and keep costs under control. She just had to wait for covid to be over to REALLY begin to do her real work. Pretend April 2020-December 2022 didn't happen and everything starts to make sense. So now Partners get thrown out, shareholders are stuck with a bad investment, Union will take the rap and be linked to bad earnings/layoffs, and our customers are stuck with an organization in full money-grubbing mode. It's going to be a long, dirty, depressing slog.

Well when the plan day target is over 10hrs
plan day targets run around 8.7-9.3, youre thinking of paid day, that's not how we plan and you're out of your league talking about this

9.5s are going to happen as well as late air.
I've been in meetings with labor managers, district managers, and on road sups at the same time while they get their asses reemed by corporate for not hitting SPC.
bull:censored2:

corporate doesn't have accountability calls at all with the ops, and certainly not at the district or below level

you were hearing some other ops manager because that's as high as anyone cares about spc

Pullman Brown

DM sets the tone for everything but each manager is a close second
Observation- managers are afraid to speak up because they are afraid of their bosses! Labor Managers are telling union something different then they are telling people on non-union side! Just very organizationally dysfunctional IMO.

RangerMan06

plan day targets run around 8.7-9.3, youre thinking of paid day, that's not how we plan and you're out of your league talking about this

bull:censored2:

corporate doesn't have accountability calls at all with the ops, and certainly not at the district or below level

you were hearing some other ops manager because that's as high as anyone cares about spc
Regardless I know the planned days are way off and your paid days are nearly always more and that if SPC is to high 9.5s will fly.