6 Locals in the Southwest, L-89 and L-177 Switching to NO 6 Years Later!

Honest question... Why haven't my union brothers and sisters not already in TeamCare, not cried foul that so many of us in CS aren't getting the same benefits they are?

Don't we all put our monkey suit on and push boxes in the same manner? Are you somehow more deserving of superior FREE healthcare than myself and my family? Why aren't you pissed off that I'm already getting shafted deeper than you, Brother?

Why haven't you stood up before now? Did you suddenly find your voice when "my problem" landed on your doorstep?
This is a good point. You and the CS members aren't going to vote for us. That's what company's do. Make us fight each other. I was hired in 05. I would have voted for you if you need it. Then when the company is done with us then the teamster plans are next.

959Nanook

Honest question... Why haven't my union brothers and sisters not already in TeamCare, not cried foul that so many of us in CS aren't getting the same benefits they are?

Never have gotten the same benefits in the few short years that I have worked at UPS and I suspect it has been that way since the very first Region/Local supplements. The reasons for this are many and easily justified (YMMV on justification I suppose). Is it always fair? Of course not. Frankly, you get better Health and Welfare benefits in CS than I do in Local 959; however, I don't cry about that.

Don't we all put our monkey suit on and push boxes in the same manner? Are you somehow more deserving of superior FREE healthcare than myself and my family? Why aren't you pissed off that I'm already getting shafted deeper than you, Brother?

We put on a similar monkey suit and push boxes in the same manner; however, you are delusional if you think it is in the same environmental conditions, economy, or labor relations environment. These differences are the reason that Region/Local supplements offer different wage and benefit compensations.

You don't get shafted deeper than me for healthcare. Part-timers in Local 959 would get shafted so deep in Local 959's Health and Welfare (H&W) that they could not afford to be insured in the same manner that our full time drivers are insured in Local 959. Our Local 959 part-timers would have to make up the difference in co premiums from additional non-UPS wages (i.e. pay to work at UPS) if they were insuring a family under the dollars based H&W Trust in Local 959. Going into TeamCare (as it currently stands) is the next best alternative available to Local 959 part-timers over everything that has been discussed other than status quo.

Why haven't you stood up before now? Did you suddenly find your voice when "my problem" landed on your doorstep?

For starters, my experience in Local 959 has taught me that once you remove the healthcare from the a contractually obligated UPS plan and place it in the hands of H&W Trustees, then there is little to be done by standing up. The H&W Trustees are not required to negotiate reductions in benefits or changes in benefits. The only recourse is during elections of the Teamster H&W Trustees.

I speak for no one else but my voice was found when CS pulled the greedy money grab (with the backing of IBT) by assuming that they should be entitled to provide H&W for everyone that they cherry picked. I will guaran-damn-tee you that CS will not invite non-CS Teamsters into TeamCare whose employers contribute at the bottom of the hourly H&W contribution scale but they scooped up UPS Teamsters because UPS is at the top of the heap regarding hourly H&W contributions. I will also not be surprised to see two tiers of H&W benefits in TeamCare where part-timers have lesser benefits than full-timers. There has been no guarantees that non-CS TeamCare participants will have a vote in TeamCare Trustees that I am aware of (even if there is, their vote will be necessarily diluted from what it currently is). Nonetheless, we are left to assume what TeamCare will mean for our non-CS Teamsters because there is very little substantive details about TeamCare benefits. Why shouldn't there be smoke and mirrors out of CS? They got what they came for and IBT isn't going to jeopardize the NMA ratification any further by forcing CS to honest and forthright.

brown_trousers

I make my vote based on whats best for my family and children. I'll support my fellow union "brothers" all the way, until it endangers the wellbeing of my family. I voted yes because i believe that is what is best for my family, I can't risk UPS losing business if this TA gets voted down, because im almost the lowest seniority driver and would be one of the first to get laid-off should we lose some customers.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
I make my vote based on whats best for my family and children. I'll support my fellow union "brothers" all the way, until it endangers the wellbeing of my family. I voted yes because i believe that is what is best for my family, I can't risk UPS losing business if this TA gets voted down, because im almost the lowest seniority driver and would be one of the first to get laid-off should we lose some customers.

Are you on a union health plan or company health plan?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Are you aware of what you will be paying when you get into the TEAMCARE Plan?

Your deductible will go from being $0 today to $400 with this TEAMCARE.

Your prescription medication that you pay $5 for today, will be $50 under TEAMCARE.

If you have a baby, need to go to the emergency room or have any type of surgery your tab is covered completely, under TEAMCARE you will pay 20% of the tab.

Under the current healthcare retirees pay $50 a month, under TEAMCARE they will pay $300.

Under the company plan you get to retire after your Golden 80 with full benefits. (I for example was planning to retire at age 48 with full benefits).

Under TEAMCARE I wont be able to retire at 48 because I won't be able to receive health benefits until I'm 55 and get kicked out automatically at 65.

If you die, your spouse is only covered for three years and then she's cut off.

Under the company plan your children get healthcare coverage if your retired, under TEAMCARE they don't get healthcare insurance if your retired, regardless of their age.

Now let me ask you this, what is so good about this TA?

If we give in now, because our union sold us out I can just imagine what we're gonna get in the next 2018 contract.

Can you really trust the Teamsters running your health-care? NO!

The Milkman

Are you aware of what you will be paying when you get into the TEAMCARE Plan?

Your deductible will go from being $0 today to $400 with this TEAMCARE.

Your prescription medication that you pay $5 for today, will be $50 under TEAMCARE.

If you have a baby, need to go to the emergency room or have any type of surgery your tab is covered completely, under TEAMCARE you will pay 20% of the tab.

Under the current healthcare retirees pay $50 a month, under TEAMCARE they will pay $300.

Under the company plan you get to retire after your Golden 80 with full benefits. (I for example was planning to retire at age 48 with full benefits).

Under TEAMCARE I wont be able to retire at 48 because I won't be able to receive health benefits until I'm 55 and get kicked out automatically at 65.

If you die, your spouse is only covered for three years and then she's cut off.

Under the company plan your children get healthcare coverage if your retired, under TEAMCARE they don't get healthcare insurance if your retired, regardless of their age.

Now let me ask you this, what is so good about this TA?

If we give in now, because our union sold us out I can just imagine what we're gonna get in the next 2018 contract.

Can you really trust the Teamsters running your health-care? NO!

:youreright:

oldupsman

Are you aware of what you will be paying when you get into the TEAMCARE Plan? Your deductible will go from being $0 today to $400 with this TEAMCARE. Your prescription medication that you pay $5 for today, will be $50 under TEAMCARE. If you have a baby, need to go to the emergency room or have any type of surgery your tab is covered completely, under TEAMCARE you will pay 20% of the tab. Under the current healthcare retirees pay $50 a month, under TEAMCARE they will pay $300. Under the company plan you get to retire after your Golden 80 with full benefits. (I for example was planning to retire at age 48 with full benefits). Under TEAMCARE I wont be able to retire at 48 because I won't be able to receive health benefits until I'm 55 and get kicked out automatically at 65. If you die, your spouse is only covered for three years and then she's cut off. Under the company plan your children get healthcare coverage if your retired, under TEAMCARE they don't get healthcare insurance if your retired, regardless of their age. [/B]

Now brown trousers could you please give me an honest answer. Were you aware of all these changes before you voted?