60 hours - Early Friday

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who in the hell runs your local? C. Montgomery Burns? Why would your union prevent you from working all of your available hours? You sure you picked up the right phone?

If I had to guess, to prevent the company from say, making a guy come in who only has an hour, or maybe 20 mins. Some evil managers could abuse that.

Now does a driver in such a situation get his guarantee if he does come in but then is sent home? Afterall, the guarantee doesnt count against hours worked.

You can driver help u can car was preload scrub toilets u can do anything to they will let u do to get your hours. If they force u to go home then yes file but u need to make it very clear your willing to do anything to get your 8.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
BS. It's constantly drilled into our head that WE, and only WE, are responsible for keeping track of our hours. Thanks, I can add.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I came into work today with right at 50 hours and a great many stops were pulled off my route and distributed to neighboring routes and i wound up working 8 hours

upsman68

We had a least 10 drivers run out of hours. I saw package cars that had somewhere between 80-100 stops brought back to the bdlg. I have available hours today and will go work at least 3 delivering Saturday Air.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was relieved of work on friday night and forced off the clock by a supervisor. I did 59.25 for the week.

He had 132 stops left to do at 7pm. They sent him a helper. Dont know yet if they got it done, but I doubt it.

Peace

TOS.

over9five

Staff member
Over,
I had 13.6 hrs OT Friday morning with no problems. I am in Florida. Is this a regional langauge in you area?

Maybe it is.... I know I wouldn't be able to report to work with less than 8 available. None of us can DRIVE after 60 though. You can't be on the road today (yesterday) after 6.4 hours.

Backtrack several years ago (maybe 5 years):
It's Peak, there's a zillion loads coming in, and I have 6 hours available. The boss says, "Will you come in for your 6?". I say, "Sure", and show up.
The UNION (steward) gets all pissed off saying I can't do that. He said I could be bumping someone who HAD 8 available.
My boss said everyone had been asked and if no-one did it, he would have to give the work to a temp.
I worked my six.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Actually, it's a BS union rule. The company would like to allow us to work what we have available.

Really.... it's BS that you are guaranteed 8 hours every time you punch in ?

Why would your union prevent you from working all of your available hours?

If you are out of hours.... to fulfill your guarantee.... How is that being penalized ?

I know I wouldn't be able to report to work with less than 8 available.

In the Central Region, a Driver can "waive" their right to an 8 hour guarantee.... And get 60 hours.

If you have less than 8 hours available on a friday.... the company can't force you in.

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was relieved of work on friday night and forced off the clock by a supervisor. I did 59.25 for the week.

He had 132 stops left to do at 7pm. They sent him a helper. Dont know yet if they got it done, but I doubt it.

Peace

TOS.

I informed our sups the other day that the 14 hour and 60 hour rules also apply to management as far as operating our vehicles.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just curious, what would you do if one of your sups violated either of the rules while operating one of your vehicles?

Notify DOT.

Same rules apply to anyone driving a company vehicle. They better hope they are DOT certified as well. Some try to drive pkg cars here without it, and they are stopped.

2012 peak is a clusterphuque so far. Next week should bring out the fun and games! Complaints are stacking up from customers who see an "out for delivery" on the tracking info, then a "MISSED" the next morning when it doesnt show up.

Look for acct reps and safety personnel to be in the trucks next week!

HILARIOUS!

peace

TOS