70 hr rule for weather?

They are claiming they only changed the 70hr rule for weather in our area for this week and it won’t be next week, Anybody out there that had it changed to 70hrs with no weather related issues??

over9five

Staff member
Im pretty sure they cant change from 60 to 70 or back in the middle of your work week.
If thats not true, someone correct me..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Im pretty sure they cant change from 60 to 70 or back in the middle of your work week.
If thats not true, someone correct me..

They cannot start the week on a 60 hour, change it to 70 and back to 60 during the same week; they can, however, alternate full 60 or 70 hour weeks.

I'd be very surprised if they went back to 60 after having gone to 70.

542thruNthru

What does it matter if they can or can't. If the company puts every one in the building on a 70/8 they can still decide to not let you work over 60 the next week even if you're allowed to. Just like they can make sure everyone only gets 8 hours a day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What does it matter if they can or can't. If the company puts every one in the building on a 70/8 they can still decide to not let you work over 60 the next week even if you're allowed to. Just like they can make sure everyone only gets 8 hours a day.

How can they change to 70 hour in the middle of the week.If it’s not on the schedule the previous Friday?

542thruNthru

How can they change to 70 hour in the middle of the week.If it’s not on the schedule the previous Friday?

Changing the amount of hours you can drive has nothing to do with the schedule start times.

Now if you mean add a 6th punch that is different but still doesn't pertain to the 70 hour rule since someone could work 14 hours a day and reach 70hours in 5 days.

542thruNthru

To my knowledge the only rule for going to a 70/8 schedule (other the our contract language) is the company has to have vehicles operating everyday of the week.

Sol Rosenburg

They are claiming they only changed the 70hr rule for weather in our area for this week and it won’t be next week, Anybody out there that had it changed to 70hrs with no weather related issues??
Yep, our hub. Every driver and pre loader was working. Then during the PCM we all got screamed at. It was comical, I laughed the entire time. Oncar blaming us basically. Yes, I thought it was a brillaint idea to run a heavy commercial route out of a rental.

Air Recovery

Yep, our hub. Every driver and pre loader was working. Then during the PCM we all got screamed at. It was comical, I laughed the entire time. Oncar blaming us basically. Yes, I thought it was a brillaint idea to run a heavy commercial route out of a rental.

Ive never done it but doing resi from a uhaul looks like it :censored2:ing sucks

Air Recovery

We have zero extra people or vehicles here.

I'm laughing at the sups trying to run routes.

We have more drivers than vehicles....we have 20 new shiny package cars that are apparently brand spanking new sitting in our yard.

They dont have :censored2:in lic plates. We have rentals that are not placarded so we cant use them......

I cant make this :censored2: up my building is a :censored2:ing hot mess. We dont leave our doors until 10:30 am and when 160 package cars all try to squeeze onto one street at the same time its basically so :censored2:ing miserable its funny and we just laugh while waiting in line for 45 minutes

We have more drivers than vehicles....we have 20 new shiny package cars that are apparently brand spanking new sitting in our yard.

They dont have :censored2:in lic plates. We have rentals that are not placarded so we cant use them......

I cant make this :censored2: up my building is a :censored2:ing hot mess. We dont leave our doors until 10:30 am and when 160 package cars all try to squeeze onto one street at the same time its basically so :censored2:ing miserable its funny and we just laugh while waiting in line for 45 minutes
We aren't that bad..

Yet