705?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I see many part timers with the 8 1 and we are done shirts but no full time drivers... I wonder how many friend/t drivers would strike with the part timers? Most drivers I speak with are saying that they would not.
Im not jumping on you here, but i have to ask how long have you been with ups in chicago?
The reason the part timers have the shirts is a simple one. Back in 97 only the drivers were the tshirts and they were not as visible. The part timers can wear them through out their whole shift and typically 2 days a week while the drivers can wear them to work and then cover them up with their uniforms. It defeats the purpose of the tshirts intention, which is to show ups that we in chicago are not happy with the national language and if need be we are willing to strike over it. There is no promise of a strike only that we are willing to in order to get what we have earned.

I know i dont have to say this for everyone but i just want to explain to 55 that if it came to a strike ( its to early to assume one way or the other) it would not be a partimers only strike it would be for everyone in local 705 ptimers, package, feeder, 22.3, porters, clerks etc.

55 Have you visited the site to see the updates, thats what its there for for you to make a fact based decision if the time comes.

If you just take the time to read all of these other threads you will see how the language in the nayional has played out seeing the contract put into effect as of its ratification date. Thats a good thing for us i guess is we have been able to sit back and see how its played out.

How would you as a driver like to get fired over gps data from your diad? How about when you get a bottle of wine from your customers? Because under the counter proposal you can now be fired for possession of alcohol.

Take the time and read the wording and then get with your steward if need be. Remember our proposal came from the rank and file, this local took the time and had at least 3 seperate meetings to prepare and another one which the membership voted almost unaimously to accept our proposal and offer it to ups. Thats not including all the time spend by the contract committee which consists of 26 members including ups agents and ups workers from parttime, 22.3, air drivers, package car, feeder and not to mention union stewards who deal with this language on a daily basis.

Show me any other local who has taken this as serious as this local, you cant!

tieguy

Banned
If you really want to cut costs you can eliminate the ie department, they have been a useless part of this company for way to long.

Another idea would be to eliminate the business development department. When was the last time a bd rep actually found businessby themselves? If it wasnt for the drivers turning in the sales leads they wouldnt be bale to cash their check. Once we do turn in the sales lead we have a telemarketer call and talk to the customer. If the bd rep cant close this deal after the driver and the pakistan telemarketer talked to the customer they should be taken out back like a wounded horse.

Mine have actually done a nice job. But then think about this , should we pay business reps to ride up and down streets looking for new business or have the drivers submit leads who are already riding up and down those streets?

As to your comment about august 1st i would not recommend adding any fuel to the fire here. Give both sides the oppurtunity to come to an agreement with out throughing threats around. You never know they might call you to come here and load packages out of the cach facility if we decide not to work after august 1st.

I'll be driving feeders try not to get in the way when I come through, I'm a little quick on that clutch.:happy-very: See if you can map out all the dunkin donuts places for me, love that coffee.

I'll be driving feeders try not to get in the way when I come through, I'm a little quick on that clutch.:happy-very: See if you can map out all the dunkin donuts places for me, love that coffee.

Sounds like someone won`t be following their DTS habits. Tell you what,if you promise to keep the crumbs out of the interior and not grease up my hoses you can use my rig. It`s the nice clean one.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Cach has around 500 feeder drivers do you really think you will have time for coffee? And over 5000 inside employees to load and unload, not only will you be driving you will have to load your trailer and unload it too. No coffee breaks your not entitled to teamster negioated breaks and lunch!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Upate on contract talks.
The union asked in an information request for info that would help expediate the contract talks. Well after waiting for a month the company handed over the info yesterday missing a lot of the information that was requested! Leaving us to believe that they are not serious about settling this contract by july 31st.

We meet with the company on june 9th for the 1st time and gave them a complete and full proposal that the membership authorized us to propose. The company had a full two weeks in order to make a complete counter proposal and instead they refuse to talk economics. While at the same time coming back piece mealing us with counter proposals here and there, very unproffesional. While at the same time we have made a total of 3 proposals 1 original and 2 counters in full once again. It did not take us 2 weeks to piece meal a counter within 2 days we had another full counter, if we can take it this serious why cant the company?

We have meet over 6 days getting minimal accomplished (not due to our efforts) and have 8 meeting dates left and we havent even gotten into the nit and gritty of the contract.(economics)

Will post more updates as we meet july 8th is the next date.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
While at the same time we have made a total of 3 proposals 1 original and 2 counters in full once again. It did not take us 2 weeks to piece meal a counter within 2 days we had another full counter, if we can take it this serious why cant the company?

Hewey: guys they didn't like our 10 cadillacs per member request. what should we do.

lewy: sumbit a counter and ask for 9 cadillacs per member.

dewey: Yea and wait a day before you submit it so it will look like we spent some time on it.

Timeliness of offers is definitely your advantage. You sumit the offers and the company then actually has to crunch the numbers and figure out the impact on the business. Your argument is typical union BS from the union propaganda machine.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hewey: guys they didn't like our 10 cadillacs per member request. what should we do.

lewy: sumbit a counter and ask for 9 cadillacs per member.

dewey: Yea and wait a day before you submit it so it will look like we spent some time on it.

Tie now take some time and go to the website and see for yourself we are not asking for cadillacs. We have offered 3 very reasonable proposals.

Timeliness of offers is definitely your advantage. You sumit the offers and the company then actually has to crunch the numbers and figure out the impact on the business. Your argument is typical union BS from the union propaganda machine.

Tie if you would like i can type bigger and slower for you so you can catch up and understand. What number crunching? Did you miss that part of the post were it states the company will not address economics? We offered the company a full proposal on june 9th including economics now unless they are using the ie department to calculate this cost they have no excuse not to address our original proposal!

My post is not an argument it is based on facts! Do you believe that ups would allow me to make slanderous accusations on here without rebutting them.

It is a very serious situation here and atlanta has their people in on the talks every step of the way. just look at how many views this thread has received compared to the replys!

brownman15

I see many part timers with the 8 1 and we are done shirts but no full time drivers... I wonder how many friend/t drivers would strike with the part timers? Most drivers I speak with are saying that they would not.

thats because friend/t drivers can only were them before and after start time were part timers and combo jobs in the hub can wear them while they are working. so more where given 2 them. just because the friend/t are not wearing does not wear them does not mean they will support a strike.

tieguy

Banned
Tie if you would like i can type bigger and slower for you so you can catch up and understand. What number crunching? Did you miss that part of the post were it states the company will not address economics? We offered the company a full proposal on june 9th including economics now unless they are using the ie department to calculate this cost they have no excuse not to address our original proposal!

My post is not an argument it is based on facts! Do you believe that ups would allow me to make slanderous accusations on here without rebutting them.

Red when you post this type of BS you appear to discredit the intelligence of everyone here who reads it. You are clearly making the argument that we are stupid enough to believe this BS.

The fact that you come back with an attack on me like you just did shows that you are not comfortable with the lies you are posting here. If you actually believed this BS then you would have no reason to attack me simply because I question it.

tieguy

Banned
here Red ,

Let me give you the lies you will post on August 1st or sooner when this thing is settled.. ready?

Well folks after a lot of hard negotiating we finally have a handshake.

the company tried to weasel out of a fair contract but we stood strong.

We drove them to their knees when they saw we had soladarity.

Yada yada yada yada.

Don't do it Red. Your smarter then this . Don't become the propaganda mouthpiece for the brown cafe.

brownman15

Upate on contract talks.
The union asked in an information request for info that would help expediate the contract talks. Well after waiting for a month the company handed over the info yesterday missing a lot of the information that was requested! Leaving us to believe that they are not serious about settling this contract by july 31st.

We meet with the company on june 9th for the 1st time and gave them a complete and full proposal that the membership authorized us to propose. The company had a full two weeks in order to make a complete counter proposal and instead they refuse to talk economics. While at the same time coming back piece mealing us with counter proposals here and there, very unproffesional. While at the same time we have made a total of 3 proposals 1 original and 2 counters in full once again. It did not take us 2 weeks to piece meal a counter within 2 days we had another full counter, if we can take it this serious why cant the company?

We have meet over 6 days getting minimal accomplished (not due to our efforts) and have 8 meeting dates left and we havent even gotten into the nit and gritty of the contract.(economics)

agree totally with you red local 705 is gonna stand for members and not take company bs

brownman15

here Red ,

Let me give you the lies you will post on August 1st or sooner when this thing is settled.. ready?

Yada yada yada yada.

Don't do it Red. Your smarter then this . Don't become the propaganda mouthpiece for the brown cafe.

sounds like your the 1 lieing

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red when you post this type of BS you appear to discredit the intelligence of everyone here who reads it. You are clearly making the argument that we are stupid enough to believe this BS.

The fact that you come back with an attack on me like you just did shows that you are not comfortable with the lies you are posting here. If you actually believed this BS then you would have no reason to attack me simply because I question it.

Tie if you could just show me were i lied in my previous post i would apoligize to you on here for all to read. But since we both know everything i have posted is 100% accurate that wont be happening in either one of our lifetimes!

Why dont you allow 705 management to respond? Thats right they are out of the mix and have to go to our teamster website to get updated.

Tie are you mad that the teamsters here in chicago are keeping the members informed every step of they way?

Coming from management you are use to having the union in your pocket and having your way with them. Well that wont happen here and i can only hope that other locals across the country see how its suppose to be done and it spreads like wild fires.

here Red ,

Yada yada yada yada.

Wouldn't`t your posts,since you are attacking a union steward actually privy to negotiations from the other side of the country,make you the propaganda machine for mgmt? I`ll back Red on his posts as I`ve spoken to the Cach stewards who are sitting in on negotiations and have told the same stories of the games Labor are playing.

From experience I can tell you that the drivers are mostly the ones in the past,even on short time walkouts on the part timers behalf,that have been manning the picket lines. I have personally been on the line for a one day strike over part time issues and had part timers cross the line and go to work.

tieguy

Banned
Upate on contract talks.

propaganda BS line 1. which your side feeds us everytime we have these talks.

We meet with the company on june 9th for the 1st time and gave them a complete and full proposal that the membership authorized us to propose. The company had a full two weeks in order to make a complete counter proposal and instead they refuse to talk economics.

propaganda BS line 2 red. You know this is BS. At least tell us why the company is not ready to move on to economics instead of giving us the BS company is stalling line.

While at the same time coming back piece mealing us with counter proposals here and there, very unproffesional.

Another line from the union propaganda machine. Give it a rest Red your integrity is at stake here.

While at the same time we have made a total of 3 proposals 1 original and 2 counters in full once again. It did not take us 2 weeks to piece meal a counter within 2 days we had another full counter, if we can take it this serious why cant the company?

You know why red. It takes the company time to assess the impact to the business of your proposals. Its easy to turn them out in a day or two but it takes much longer to assess the impact to the business. Remember when the company offered the CS pension buy out? Your union took a couple of months to assess that offer. It takes more time to assess then it does to propose . You should know that . Your line above is truth misrepresented. your better then that red. Don't do it.

Tie if you could just show me were i lied in my previous post i would apoligize to you on here for all to read. quote]

anytime you're ready red.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Originally Posted by 705red
Upate on contract talks.

propaganda BS line 1. which your side feeds us everytime we have these talks.

Tie the company cannot even gather proper seniority lists, i will disclose more when we address this with the company on tuesday. Did i miss were you pointed out a lie of mine? Strike one mr. tie!
We meet with the company on june 9th for the 1st time and gave them a complete and full proposal that the membership authorized us to propose. The company had a full two weeks in order to make a complete counter proposal and instead they refuse to talk economics.

propaganda BS line 2 red. You know this is BS. At least tell us why the company is not ready to move on to economics instead of giving us the BS company is stalling line.

They are not ready to discuss economics, yet they are interested in settling early? They are addressing pieces of the contract that they would like while we are addressing the whole contract together. The whole contract expires august 1st not just the part the company is addressing! Strike two mr. tie!

While at the same time coming back piece mealing us with counter proposals here and there, very unproffesional.

Another line from the union propaganda machine. Give it a rest Red your integrity is at stake here.

Tie all you have to do is go to our site and look at both sides proposals. if we were in the wrong dont you believe that ups would have filed a ulp against us? The union has taken this contract very serious and until you prove me wrong your intgrity is the one in question! Strike three mr.tie your out!

You know why red. It takes the company time to assess the impact to the business of your proposals. Its easy to turn them out in a day or two but it takes much longer to assess the impact to the business. Remember when the company offered the CS pension buy out? Your union took a couple of months to assess that offer. It takes more time to assess then it does to propose . You should know that . Your line above is truth misrepresented. your better then that red. Don't do it.

Really tie? I guess this contract expiring must have caught ups off guard seeing that they have known since 2002 it would expire at midnight july 31st 2008.

Tie if you could just show me were i lied in my previous post i would apoligize to you on here for all to read. quote]

anytime you're ready red.

Tie the company hands us our proposals not in any order, to many of one section, missing sections, no were near enough copies for all of the committee which has been agreed to. If the company looks this unorganized and unprepared as i have said whats your take on it? Does this sound like a very proffesional manner in conducting contract talks? We have meet 6 times and got minimal done without discussing the economics how the hell can we settle by aug 1st with only 8 more dates scheduled? Im hoping so but its not in our hands right now. I wait your input to this ole wise tie guy.

tieguy

Banned
Originally Posted by 705red
I wait your input to this ole wise tie guy.

Sorry Red its all propaganda straight from the propaganda machine. I can't believe you're even trying to defend it. I thought you were a little more level headed then that.