710, 705?

jpf75

I was told they aren't going back to the table now. they are going to send the same thing out to be voted on.

brown_trousers

I was told they aren't going back to the table now. they are going to send the same thing out to be voted on.

It doesnt sound like the company has much motivation, if any, to negotiate much with these locals.

Without the option of dragging the rest of the country into a strike, what leverage do these locals have to negotiate with?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What we have is better than what's coming. Drag it out forever.
Don't know if its true or not but I think I heard someone say either if its voted down again or if you strike you will not get any back pay?

Also just curios does your contract run exactly parellel to the national? What I mean is will August 1st be 1 years back pay?

Don't know if its true or not but I think I heard someone say either if its voted down again or if you strike you will not get any back pay?

Voted down again? We haven't seen the first vote yet. And withholding back pay I'm sure would not be allowed on some level.

Also just curios does your contract run exactly parellel to the national? What I mean is will August 1st be 1 years back pay?

That is correct.

And we can also say we are the lowest paid UPSers in the country because it's been almost two years without a raise.

Actually 11 months to those who can tell time.

So, you'd rather take the first crap contract to come across the table just to get that dollar raise and back pay check or would you rather stand our ground and get a better crap contract, larger raise, and back pay check?

710 steward

So, you'd rather take the first crap contract to come across the table just to get that dollar raise and back pay check or would you rather stand our ground and get a better crap contract, larger raise, and back pay check?

Never said that. My point was while we still have our old benefit package, we haven't gotten a raise either. With the good comes the bad and we all know the bad is coming.

710 steward

CACH

We aren't going to get a better contract. Hoffa will not back us in any way.