710, 705?

710 steward

Just got the mail and what do I find??? There is a petition to "back Pat" in my mailbox from a person I've never heard of and I don't know anyone from Elmhurst either. 710 Teamsters our local is abusing it's authority by giving out mailing addresses of stewards and other members. I urge all of you to let the powers that be do their investigation and cooperate if asked. This post is not meant to hurt Pat, he is innocent until proven guilty but if he is guilty this local has no use for corruption of any kind. I urge all of you to NOT sign these petitions and let those doing the investigation do their job.

Just got the mail and what do I find??? There is a petition to "back Pat" in my mailbox from a person I've never heard of and I don't know anyone from Elmhurst either. 710 Teamsters our local is abusing it's authority by giving out mailing addresses of stewards and other members. I urge all of you to let the powers that be do their investigation and cooperate if asked. This post is not meant to hurt Pat, he is innocent until proven guilty but if he is guilty this local has no use for corruption of any kind. I urge all of you to NOT sign these petitions and let those doing the investigation do their job.
Impasse, In your future?

710 steward

I'll try to get the petition up but I cannot post the cover letter. It has the address of the P.O.S. that sent it to me in big bold print.

710 steward

Upstate

Going to leave it all untouched. I have several attorneys on my route and I will be talking with one of them tomorrow about any potential wrong doings by my local. How else does some person get my mailing address that I've never met and have no clue who they are? I had another steward waiting for me when I got in tonight with the same letter. This is not coincidence.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local sells our mailing list all of the time. I take the mailings, open it and then stuff the contents and the outside envelope in to the postage paid return envelope and send it all back to them.

Resident know-it-all.

710 steward

This isn't my local sending me these petitions. It's a person I've never heard of from Elmhurst Illinois. You have to ask yourself how did this person get my address and know I am a steward? You don't have to be Perry Mason or Sherlock Holmes to put those pieces together.

Last edited:

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
What's the matter with Elmhurst? You got a problem with Elmhurst?

But seriously, I guarantee there is another mailing list you are on, besides your Local's.

710 steward

20140716_201547.jpg

710 steward

The IRB is not going to be pleased when they receive 500 or more individual petitions.

I doubt it'll be that high. I think most people will put this in the circular file. By signing it one is saying they are fine with illegal activity if it happened. I believe most people don't feel this way.

Teeitup

If the charges against Flynn are real he NEEDS to go!!!! It is beyond sad when a guy in his position making nearly half a million plus perks has to steal from Union members!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I doubt it'll be that high. I think most people will put this in the circular file. By signing it one is saying they are fine with illegal activity if it happened. I believe most people don't feel this way.

I hope that those who don't support him will recycle the petition rather than throw it away.

Resident know-it-all.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Wouldn't it make more sense to have just one petition for all to sign rather than an individual petition for each member? Don't you have a union bulletin board in your center?

Why do they need your e-mail address?
I'm pretty sure it was sent to 710_steward because s/he's a steward, not just some random member.
I'm quite sure it does not meet the criteria to be posted on the union bulletin board.
The IRB is not going to be pleased when they receive 500 or more individual petitions.
How many petitions do you think there would be if just 1 petition per workplace under Local 710 contract were returned?