767 Meeting 7/25

clean hairy

So, the meeting was cancelled or adjourned after only 5 min.
Then, a bit before 11AM the Prez ordered the hall cleared, and for all us Hooligans to get out.
Was this someones idea of a bad joke, to claim there would be a Monthly Meeting, then to decide no, there would be no meeting?
Lots of folks drove some pretty good distance (and gave up part of their weekend) to attend a meeting which was decided not to be held!
Anyone know what is going on here?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So, the meeting was cancelled or adjourned after only 5 min.
Then, a bit before 11AM the Prez ordered the hall cleared, and for all us Hooligans to get out.
Was this someones idea of a bad joke, to claim there would be a Monthly Meeting, then to decide no, there would be no meeting?
Lots of folks drove some pretty good distance (and gave up part of their weekend) to attend a meeting which was decided not to be held!
Anyone know what is going on here?
Are you missing any information from this story?

BrownTexas

That's crazy. Glad I wasn't able to make this one. I sure would have been upset. The president isn't winning any brownie points with that one.

clean hairy

I know when I got there, the parking was not quite full.
If I had to guess, around 50-75 (at least that many if you figure all the folks in the parking lot along with the ones inside mingling) when everyone was ordered to leave the hall.
Got there after it was cancelled or adjourned, but late arrivals as myself were not advised of this, and had to wait to sign in. Had they told us, woulda left without having to stand in line to sign in for nothing.
Some of the ex-Ba'S were there glad handing, no idea why.

BrownTexas

I know when I got there, the parking was not quite full.
If I had to guess, around 50-75 (at least that many if you figure all the folks in the parking lot along with the ones inside mingling) when everyone was ordered to leave the hall.
Got there after it was cancelled or adjourned, but late arrivals as myself were not advised of this, and had to wait to sign in. Had they told us, woulda left without having to stand in line to sign in for nothing.
Some of the ex-Ba'S were there glad handing, no idea why.
My opinion but the board has handled this all very poorly and I feel they will pay the price. Even if they aren't trying to be sneaky, it looks bad not having clarity on anything.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did enough people show up?

This is a good question. Was there a quorum?

Our local covers a large geographical area so to make it easier on the members they hold meetings in 3 different locations on a rotational basis. The two furthest locations are roughly 180 miles from one another. I do recall some of our active union members telling me that they had driven all the way there just to have the meeting cancelled due to the lack of a quorum (not enough board members present).

Last edited:

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Hooligans?? Sounds like either a British soccer game or a Teamsters meeting! Obviously, someone or some group was up to no good. Or the Teamsters are just mean and wanted to waste their members time.