8 hour days

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You are annoying when you whine.

If I had a day off that I had scheduled weeks in advance and you tried to bump me with your last minute 8 hour request you and I would have a very one-sided discussion.
You are annoying all the time. And please spare me the drama, drama king . one sided conversation with you I'd be so scared. Pathetic.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm pathetic?

Care to tell us yet again how you didn't hit that dog?
No but you can go reread the thread. And if and when I ever get my hearing I'll be sure to let you know that I was cleared. You're just being a bully. I've had lots of practice with that lately. Trust me you're nothing

Orion inc.

I like turtles

If I had a day off that I had scheduled weeks in advance and you tried to bump me with your last minute 8 hour request you and I would have a very one-sided discussion.
Dave
You're not tough. Guys like you crumble when someone pushes back against your bully routine. You're not a supervisor so if you have a had a strong "one sided" conversation with the likes of me, you'd be walked off property for threats of violence.

Don't think it could happen in theBOG? Well I've seen it happen elsewhere and I know one guy who lost his job permanently over it.

It's Friday. Don't you usually troll for call girls?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There are a few in my center that think otherwise. I was once in a wedding and had requested off in advance and one of them waited until the morning of and raised hell about it. Oh well. I like getting the best of higher seniority drivers that suffer from a God complex. I look at it like this......yeah you can take all the vacation weeks that I want, the routes I want, the holidays that pay double time, and whatever else you can but when you think your God complex is going to triumph over the contract I will come out ahead every time. LOL!
Get on wit your bad self gangsta... Lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The people we work under are illiterate to the contract they agreed to.

The company people who signed it, aren't.

It's the Local peons.... who don't know squat. :biggrin:

24 hr notice, and by seniority. I can bump, I know my rights. In my barn Article 19, section 3.

Exercising your contractual rights.

Period. End of story.

By contract she only needs to request 24 hours in advance. If someone else requested it days earlier it doesn't matter. UPS should not have told the other person their request was granted.

Section 3

"A package car driver and full-time inside employee may request, by a twenty-four (24) hour advance written notice, to be relieved from duty after eight (8) hours of work on a particular day.

Employees shall be informed at the conclusion of the day prior to the day requested, of the status of their request."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

So you think it would be fair for you to bump someone who had the foresight to properly submit a day off request just because you waited until the last minute to put in your 8 hour request?

Dave,

Tooner, is well within her contractual rights.

We still go off the Central Region language.... Not the National.

-Bug-

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There is a reason the OP started this thread. They wanted advice, comraderie, and they got it.
And as my very scholarly friend @ BUG noted the local peons do not know, and do not follow the contract. And in my opinion, they need to learn. It is their job to know. I actually had a supervisor tell me he never heard of Article 37. .......
Apparently some of us never have either.
Apparently if I share my knowledge I am a whiner.
I dont know where I whined about anything, I shared knowledge. And I didnt get it from my local, I got it here.
Without, HERE, I wouldnt know how to fight or where to get information.
And I, and others would prefer not to fight, not to push back, and just take it, and never use what we pay the Union for.

And from @ 10 point, great advice.
Stand up or shut up.
That panel decision is in stone and was upheld again in Ohio.
Some drivers have the backbone to enforce the contract.
We appreciate you.

So you can use the info you find here, or you can get run over. You can stand up, or get knocked down. You can be a target because you fight, or you can be a target because you dont. I prefer the first choice, I tried the latter, it doesnt work.
You may be from a small center where there are no problems, Good for you. But if you are in need of help, its here to use. Use it to your advantage, one local one ba, one steward doesnt know everything. Its a plethora of knowledge at your disposal. Use it or lose it.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/8-hour-days.356228/page-2#ixzz3qlhLgYdS

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm pathetic?

Care to tell us yet again how you didn't hit that dog?
Yes, you are pathetic...a pathetic dick.

I creamed a dog on the highway on my way in Wednesday evening.
It was terrible and I can still see it in my minds eye, and I can feel it when I close my eyes.

When you say such callus things, I truly wish it was you instead of that poor dog.
You deserve to be put out of your own misery.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years

I would do that to you every chance I got---even if I didn't need the day off.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would look at the docket every day and bump him every time. And we have crickets...........as if my 8 hr request would trump an option day, total ignorance and yet , they speak.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I would look at the docket every day and bump him every time. And we have crickets...........as if my 8 hr request would trump an option day, total ignorance and yet , they speak.
His cat doesn't put up much of a fight, so he comes here to pick his at his own scabs.
He's a classic cutter.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess it would be hurtful, if I hadnt already crossed that bridge, now its just classic bullying.
I am sorry for your experience, I know how that is when you close your eyes. I hit a raccoon, and missed a deer, I was sad and happy, but I was going 50 not 3 and you cannot swerve, but I was in my own vehicle so I didnt get charged. And no one slandered me when I got home. But I did not hit that dog.

Last edited: