8 hour days

ncupser82

Requested an 8 hour day last Friday, I came in today to find they haven't honored it! They know the consequences and they know I'll file, but I'm a little peeved by this! My supervisor said they took down my stop count, but in the end its not about how many stops you have, sometimes, its about the work they give you... I have 50 residential stops and they're mostly apartments, along with my business stops, which have bulked out today, oh, and pickups. Lesson in this brothers/sisters is file baby file...hold them accountable and don't give 'em nothin'!

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Requested an 8 hour day last Friday, I came in today to find they haven't honored it! They know the consequences and they know I'll file, but I'm a little peeved by this! My supervisor said they took down my stop count, but in the end its not about how many stops you have, sometimes, its about the work they give you... I have 50 residential stops and they're mostly apartments, along with my business stops, which have bulked out today, oh, and pickups. Lesson in this brothers/sisters is file baby file...hold them accountable and don't give 'em nothin'!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you have to request it more than a week in advance?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Contract says "Such a request must be submitted no later than the start of his/her shift on the fifth day preceding the day being requested."

Sent using BrownCafe App
Here it's 24 hours in advance. Here I also bring my truck back at 7.9 park it and go home. Doesn't matter if you're finished or 100 stops left.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're allowed to do that? Nice!
Yep no penalty pay or anything here but if granted an 8.0 you have a right to only work 8.

Many guys get loaded up with 9.5-10 hours and told sorry you can skip break or we will do better next time. The weak get taken advantage of. I used to regularly go out with 9/10 hours on an 8.0. Three times in a row on rural routes I brought stuff back. No problems anymore.

ncupser82

Here it's 24 hours in advance. Here I also bring my truck back at 7.9 park it and go home. Doesn't matter if you're finished or 100 stops left.
24 hours? My dispatchers head would be spinning if he only had 24 hours...they have to give us a yay or nay in 24 hours (written copy), but it never happens...one day I'm going to file on that when I don't get my 8 hour request!

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yep no penalty pay or anything here but if granted an 8.0 you have a right to only work 8.

Many guys get loaded up with 9.5-10 hours and told sorry you can skip break or we will do better next time. The weak get taken advantage of. I used to regularly go out with 9/10 hours on an 8.0. Three times in a row on rural routes I brought stuff back. No problems anymore.
Nice...I thought if they gave you too much work for an 8 hour day...you had to work it anyway...and then file a grievance.