8 hour guarantee

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by OKLABob, Aug 8, 2019.

1. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

That’s where I found the hours that were shorted.

2. Well then.. talk to your sup
    And under no circumstances do you punch out before 8 hours

3. Brisket

Brisket Well-Known Member

Well they are laying in the office then , usually out in the open, if they don’t mind take a look if you get a chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. They used to post them here on the bulletin board until they got got for a harassment grievance for highlighting people's names.tgst didn't have a good day.

5. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

We have had a few guys file harassment for there names being high lighted for running over miles. I can’t find anything that is even close to what I’m looking for in the union book lol.

6. Talk to your steward

7. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Talk to Stew

8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

13FB97D5-B196-480E-B59B-F150DC9577EE.gif
    2954FE3D-1261-4A12-ACE5-3C318FF5A7F6.gif

9. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

The :censored2: you cant.

Unless they tell you otherwise. Finish your route and head in. Management cannot just change your timecard. You are guaranteed your 8 hours a day. You need to file a grievance to get your 8 hour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Without knowing what region you're under no one will be able to give you the article.

Here are all the contracts.
    UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

11. rod

rod retired and happy

What could happen is you end up working 12 hours a day---just saying........

12. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

Article 12 NMA

13. If you are going to punch out in under 8 hours and expect to get paid 8 hours, you better ask management if they need you to do anything else before you punch out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. sandwich

Maybe in your local. In my local this is not the case. They have telematics. They can see your day. They have plenty of time to message you. If you punch in on time, do the work assigned to you clock out and go home. You get your guaranteed 8. Its managements job to make sure they work you enough so your not getting the guarantee pay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. They can see everything we do here also. They know how much work I have left and where I'm at.
    It's your responsibility to notify your management team that you are going to punch out before 8 hours.

Sometimes they can be nice about it and say go home other times they will make you stick around until your 8 hours is up.

16. sandwich

I understand what your saying. But management cannot change your timecard. Therefore it is their job to notify you if they dont want to pay the 8 hour guarantee.

17. Sounds like you need to get your steward involved so that everyone has an understanding when this situation occurs.

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

For my first 7-8 years you got your guarantee you didn’t need to ask. Somewhere along the line that changed. Whatever doesn’t really matter to me. I’d take a 6-7 hour request every day if I could

19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Want to get done early but still want your 40. It don't work that way Bob.

20. Those days are long over. No more freebies.