8 hour guarantee

Used to be a little incentive for some get up in your go.

Now if I gotta work 8 I’ll make what I have last
I remember Good Friday was the day everyone wanted to work. You burned it up didn't worry about lunch or breaks. Checked on your buddy and maybe take a few stops off of him and the building was a ghost town by 4 pm.
Everyone was happy including management because everyone had a good day.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Sounds like you need to get your steward involved so that everyone has an understanding when this situation occurs.
I am the steward. I have put an ORS in deep doo doo for adjusting someone's time card before. All the stewards in my center, myself included come in early, and we handle business. Changing timecards to avoid paying 8 hour guarantee is old news in our center.

I am the steward. I have put an ORS in deep doo doo for adjusting someone's time card before. All the stewards in my center, myself included come in early, and we handle business. Changing timecards to avoid paying 8 hour guarantee is old news in our center.
A call to the integrity hot line.....

We don't have time worked here

sandwich

The resident gearhead
For my first 7-8 years you got your guarantee you didn’t need to ask. Somewhere along the line that changed. Whatever doesn’t really matter to me. I’d take a 6-7 hour request every day if I could
Sounds like something within your local. Did you get a different b.a. or different stewards?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
A call to the integrity hot line.....

We don't have time worked here
Management is held to the same integrity and honesty policy we are held to (kinda). So if you catch them being dishonest. You must first file, then in center levels threaten that if discipline isnt taken against the accused management, you are going to take this is issue higher then the center level and call in the head of security.

Ghost in the Darkness

If you want 8 hrs you should be willing to work it. Things have changed at UPS and only the select office slugs can do nothing all day and can get paid for. Some at UPS are there to hide from work, and some of us get it done on a daily basis. We men and women in Brown are what keep UPS in business... demand your 8 and leave no doubt you earn it everyday.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Management is held to the same integrity and honesty policy we are held to (kinda).
That's the funniest post I've read on here today. A sup tells a black driver that she is going to kick his black ass and calls him a boy but retains their supervisor job, without termination, and is a top level supe today. Another sup screams he's going to :censored2: kill someone in the office and when the office staff reports it the law enforcement does a report on it but he never loses his job or misses a days work. Sorry. I had to laugh carry on this is a sick joke

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you are going to punch out in under 8 hours and expect to get paid 8 hours, you better ask management if they need you to do anything else before you punch out.
I'm not doing that....and they better not change my pay code.

They dispatch the route with what they consider to be "a fair days work", and when I am finished, I will return to the building and clock out, unless instructed to do something else prior.

In my region, we can't be disciplined for refusing to go back out after returning to the building.

We have several bonus babies that haven't seen 5pm on road since Peak.

I'm not doing that....and they better not change my pay code.

They dispatch the route with what they consider to be "a fair days work", and when I am finished, I will return to the building and clock out, unless instructed to do something else prior.

In my region, we can't be disciplined for refusing to go back out after returning to the building.

We have several bonus babies that haven't seen 5pm on road since Peak.
Not saying they have to go back out but they may ask you to unload your package car or something.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
That's the funniest post I've read on here today. A sup tells a black driver that she is going to kick his black ass and calls him a boy but retains their supervisor job, without termination, and is a top level supe today. Another sup screams he's going to :censored2: kill someone in the office and when the office staff reports it the law enforcement does a report on it but he never loses his job or misses a days work. Sorry. I had to laugh carry on this is a sick joke
That's why I wrote (kinda).

So you have never seen drivers call management names or threaten violence and nothing happen to them?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I remember Good Friday was the day everyone wanted to work. You burned it up didn't worry about lunch or breaks. Checked on your buddy and maybe take a few stops off of him and the building was a ghost town by 4 pm.
Everyone was happy including management because everyone had a good day.
Good Friday was a break a bunch of routes disaster in my center.