8 hr thrown in the garbage lol!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And when you grieve it they just agree to give you another 8 hour day... total joke. Do you guys feel like mgt makes an effort to reduce the stops with that language or do they just find someone else to take the stops back out when you return to the building in 8???
Management like anywhere pushes the issues. For the most part they do a really good job but the weaker guys who won't bring stuff back they get screwed a lot.

You call their bluff once or twice on a route 30-40 minutes away and you'll get an 8 hour load for sure.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This needs to be addressed in the next contract... ups doesn't need a 5 day warning to plan an 8 hour day for any route!!!! They can bust 3 fully loaded routes out of the lineup 30 minutes before driver start time, they sure in hell don't need 5 days to plan for an 8 hour.....it use to be 1 day in advance.....make it 2 days and call it good....5 days is a joke and many times the driver has to drop stops even after they tell dispatch 10 times what they need to make an 8 hour day happen....
100% All they care about is what they need.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Long story short, if all this makes sense?! I had requested an 8 hr day 24 hrs in advance (I.e. Date prepared 07/01/17 date requested 07/02/17) I ended up not working the "1st" came in the "2nd" (which was supposed to be my 8 hr day)to no 8 hr. I asked my sup if my request was granted and he said no, that I had requested the "1st" which I did not work. I asked to see my 8 hr form so I could see my mistake and he said he had thrown it away. I asked what garbage can and he said "I threw it away yesterday and all garbage is taken out daily." So I ended up working a 12 hr day(pi**ed), went back to the building and decided to dumpster dive. I found my form and I was correct with my dates, prepared the first requested the second but I guess he didn't like that and just threw it in the garbage without denying it and with a given reason... so my question is, what type of grievance should I file? Thank you guys in advance I hope it all makes sense, really just a big :censored2: show...

Pro tip

Make a copy of all 8 hr request forms

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And when you grieve it they just agree to give you another 8 hour day... total joke. Do you guys feel like mgt makes an effort to reduce the stops with that language or do they just find someone else to take the stops back out when you return to the building in 8???

They will usually find one of their
"Boys" to take the work back out

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
And the the paperwork, with your name in bold capital letters on it, that I submitted the very next day would be done so with the express intention of being shoved up same said orifice!
lol dreams are free

First I'd love to know how it takes more than 24 hours to prepare for an 8 hour request.

Second I'm in the central. Do your worst because I'm brining back whatever I need to for my 8 request. Don't think for a second your ass won't be reemed when they have to find a home for 50 stops at 6 pm.

first, DPS plans are created 2 weeks out, and generally edited 1 week out. Changing plans the day before is a hassle.

second, they'd just put it on the other drivers in the loop, and i doubt i'd ever hear about it

Article 19 section 3 of the central Dave.
"A package car driver and full-time inside employee may request, by
a twenty-four (24) hour advance written notice, to be relieved from
duty after eight (8) hours of work on a particular day"

No you wouldn't. The rules apply to you also

no they don't because i'm not in Central lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You guys do realize that any inability to honor the 8hr comes with penalty pay. You can also file for another 8hr request the following day. I personally made over $500 doing this. I also made it abundantly clear I wasn't going to take the day off and the only reason I was requesting them is to prove they wouldn't/couldn't honor them.

By the end of the third month doing this they finally started honoring them and I stopped requesting.

oldngray

nowhere special
You guys do realize that any inability to honor the 8hr comes with penalty pay. You can also file for another 8hr request the following day. I personally made over $500 doing this. I also made it abundantly clear I wasn't going to take the day off and the only reason I was requesting them is to prove they wouldn't/couldn't honor them.

By the end of the third month doing this they finally started honoring them and I stopped requesting.

Penalty pay depends on where you work. Some places you don't get penalty pay but can bring back all undelivered stops after 8 hours (like @Brownslave688 )

Faceplanted

They count on people taking dead days... otherwise people actually using their 8hr throws off their stupid spc metric

Turdferguson

Just a turd
lol dreams are free

first, DPS plans are created 2 weeks out, and generally edited 1 week out. Changing plans the day before is a hassle.

second, they'd just put it on the other drivers in the loop, and i doubt i'd ever hear about it

no they don't because i'm not in Central lol

The OP is, so if you were his dispatch you would.
Check and mate

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Typical management, pass his problem to someone else and so on and so on. I think it hilarious.

Stop arguing with the troll.

Chances are he is still just a PT preload supe trying to compensate for his failed life.

542thruNthru

I thought that once thrown away, garbage is fair game. That's why they have shredders.

I believe once it's taken off your property it's fair game. Like when you take your trash cans to the curb. I'm sure the dumpster was still on UPS property.

Also I'm betting their are state laws for this.

W

What The Hawk?

Pro tip

Make a copy of all 8 hr request forms
I was going to say this. Always always always make copies of anything you give to your employer and the union. If you don't have documentation to prove something when sh* hits the fan you're royally screwed and it becomes a "he said she said" type of situation. Documentation [usually] always wins.