80,000 Nationwide Truck Driver Shortage

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
And about 100 container ships waiting off the California coast due to shortage of on dock workers
and truck drivers.

I'd go back to work but they would have to pay at least 4-5 grand a week.

And about 100 container ships waiting off the California coast due to shortage of on dock workers
and truck drivers.

Not just a driver shortage but also a truck shortage. Not every truck is California certified.. Especially older models.

rod

Retired 22 years
and truck drivers.

They would have to pay me more than that to get my old ass back.

rod

Retired 22 years
Neither was mine ,, 3-4 clip boards going at once on the 50 line paper
Those old clipboards would gradually wear away until they were about half the size as the delivery sheets. Then one of the rivets that held the clip to the board would give out and you would have to start breaking in a new one all over again.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
If a retired person comes back to work during peak, they should get time and a half for all hours worked.
It would have to be way more than time and a half to entice me back. My WCT PEER 80 retirement would suspend pension payments if I work in any suspendible work category. Working at UPS is pretty much at the top of the suspendible work list. So, in effect, I'd be working for the difference between the pension and time and a half, which would be roughly NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It would have to be way more than time and a half to entice me back. My WCT PEER 80 retirement would suspend pension payments if I work in any suspendible work category. Working at UPS is pretty much at the top of the suspendible work list. So, in effect, I'd be working for the difference between the pension and time and a half, which would be roughly NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH!
The union worked a deal here retirees can come back for peak and lose nothing

The union worked a deal here retirees can come back for peak and lose nothing
I also heard another idea it was floating around but I doubt it Will gain any traction.

They was talking about letting retired people on social security go back to work that these jobs that can't be filled and not let that money count against their social security