80-year-old woman’s priceless painting found after it went ‘missing’ when shipped with UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

80-year-old woman’s priceless painting found after it went ‘missing’ when shipped with UPS - WFLA

A family’s priceless painting ended up missing after it was shipped through UPS. After a call to Better Call Behnken, the painting has been found and shipped where it was supposed to go on Valentine’s Day.

Joan O’Dowd is grateful that the sentimental painting is now in her daughter’s condo in Chicago.

“It means a lot to her,” she said. “She was 3-years-old the day that I acquired it, my husband and I,” O’Dowd said. “She said she just sobbed when she saw it.”

Art has been a big part of Joan O’Dowd’s life. Especially two paintings of the iconic lions outside the Chicago Art Institute, near where she grew up.

“They have a lot of sentimental value to me because I met the artist when I was a little toddler and then again when I was a teenager in his home,” she said.

rod

Retired 22 years
It would be interesting to know the truth about this. How it was packed- how it was labeled- if she knew UPS don't insure "art".