9.5 grievance

ncupser82

When can you file for the grievance? They worked me over 9.5 Mon-Wed I had an 8 hour day on Thurs and am wondering if I have enough to file 9.5. I'm not looking for the triple pay, just want to put a spotlight on my route as they are KILLING me on it! Thanks y'all... Proud member of Local 391

Sent using BrownCafe App

When can you file for the grievance? They worked me over 9.5 Mon-Wed I had an 8 hour day on Thurs and am wondering if I have enough to file 9.5. I'm not looking for the triple pay, just want to put a spotlight on my route as they are KILLING me on it! Thanks y'all... Proud member of Local 391

Sent using BrownCafe App
Three 9.5.s . in a week then you can file. If they give you four 9.5.s.....just more money for you!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you are a bid driver, than Yes. If you're a cover driver, than No.

File the 9.5's, and 8 hour day grievance if they didn't grant you your 8 hr day.

upschuck

Bid and utility drivers can both get on 9.5 list after 3 in any 5 day period, but as you see, it varies by supplement.

ncupser82

Already filed the 8 hour day this morning. Shop steward said they were contesting it, even though I maintained my sporh. Oh well I'm not trying to win this grievance, but I want there to be a pattern!

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

Bid and utility drivers can both get on 9.5 list after 3 in any 5 day period, but as you see, it varies by supplement.
This is my first year as a bid driver, after 8 years of cover driving, I'm not sure what my supplement says and I misplaced my book (I'm sure I'd find it if tore through the house, really didn't think I was going to need it after July 31 ...oh well everyone is entitled to their opinions). Either way I'm going to file, at this point I'm just going to start throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
Even if you got your 3 in by Wednesday, wait until the week is complete to file your 9.5 grievance incase you were to go over 9.5 Thursday and/or Friday so you could include those in your grievance as well. Get all you renumbers together and file first thing Monday morning

What is the definition of a "cover" driver in the 9.5 language? In my opinion a 20 year driver should not be excluded from opting in.

ncupser82

What is the definition of a "cover" driver in the 9.5 language? In my opinion a 20 year driver should not be excluded from opting in.
The new contract opts everyone in to the 9.5 list as long as you sign up for it. The same rules apply...you have to work 3 days over 9.5 on a route you bid on and then you can opt in...I like the new language better too, because it puts more scrutiny on the DM and center manager and takes some of it off the driver (ie they say we are 'stealing time,' not working hard enough, and so on when we get in over 9.5). So if we come in over 9.5 and it keeps happening we are now given the opportunity to sit down with the DM center manager on car sup and a shop steward to talk about why the route takes longer than 9.5...perfect for me bc I'm on the list and they could care less what time I come in...more money yes, but losing a lot of family time!

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

What about FT bid cover drivers?

Sent using BrownCafe App
We have FT bid cover drivers. They have the right to choose which route they will run for the week or day by seniority order. Non bid cover drivers are also FT drivers but are assigned to whichever route still needs to be run that day.

upschuck

I think that the 9.5 list should be for those that want to be out longer than 9.5, not under, with automatic pay penalty if you go over. That is the only way that UPS would attempt to honor it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My local won well over $500,000 for the membership last year in 9.5 Grievances. Our Division Manager promised to reduce the paid work day this year but I'm not seeing it. It's kind of funny in that instead of Management threatening us with 3 day lock ins, We are telling our on roads that they are going to be stuck with us on a car for 3 days working until 2100 or later. We have 20-25 drivers who have been filing since the first of the year,and none of us have had Lock in rides. I truly love Telematics,as we can prove we arent laying down on them

ncupser82

Has anyone seen the 9.5 rule work for them? Or is UPS just content on paying us the triple time? It would help if everyone went on the list, but I guess some guys just like taking it up the ass!

Sent using BrownCafe App