9.5 list is back on this week

Who will be on the list?

• The minute I go over 3 days in a week I will go on the list.

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • I like OT and will be absorbing all the hours I can get

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • What's the 9.5 list

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters

Bob11B

You dont sign for opting out of the list only to get on, I cant say keeping us under 9.5 will be around for long with the push for production and bad 4Q numbers. The only thing that would concern me would be 22.4s taking overtime from RCPD's per management. This is one of the reasons I voted NO on the last contract. I wouldn't worry to much UPS will not keep this new plan for long as profit margins keep dropping and drivers keep going over made up production numbers.
Thanks. Time will tell, UPS always has some “hot new idea” but my center has been sticking with this 9.5 for a good while now. Just would like the thoughts and opinions of drivers who have been around for longer then I have been.

FromOffTheStreets

Idk what it costs to put another truck on the road with ins. etc.

If you have 32 people with just 1 hr OT that's around $1700

Put on 4 more 8 hr routes most likely with people in progression that's around $700. $1000 difference

So what's the cost to put a truck out? It must be more than $250.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Thanks. Time will tell, UPS always has some “hot new idea” but my center has been sticking with this 9.5 for a good while now. Just would like the thoughts and opinions of drivers who have been around for longer then I have been.
I hear you, I have been with the company since 2006 driving since 2011. When I started I was off work by 6 all the time, a few years later I was over 9.5 4 or 5 days week and had to go on the list. It will always come in cycles like peak does. Last year sucked this year was better next year will be worse.

YUOVER95

I would be under 9.5 if they would just leave me the hell alone. Everyday so far I keep getting those messages to “Call the center before coming in.”

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Idk what it costs to put another truck on the road with ins. etc.

If you have 32 people with just 1 hr OT that's around $1700

Put on 4 more 8 hr routes most likely with people in progression that's around $700. $1000 difference

So what's the cost to put a truck out? It must be more than $250.
it’s about a wash, since lower days also decrease bonus

much increased service and lower injuries/accidents

honestly it really depends on whether the drivers get greedy and try to milk it instead of just giving it the old college try

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We are back to the original route ranges from before the "no 9.5" push so I say they have already retreated quite a bit.
We will know they completely gave up when the unnessicary splits and route cutting happens again.

5Cube4Life

Seems as though the split routes in my center are 9.5 or more while the bid routes are closer to 8. My route since last Thursday have been planned 10hrs almost every day.

MC0493

Tonight will be my 3rd day over 9.5 unless i magically get some help. I'll have to see how next week goes but 9.5 grievance looks likely. Got screwed on a route wednesday, had to help a man baby of a driver last night cause he threw a fit about the pos truck he had and today we're short trucks due to some parts freeze. So i got blown out with the neighboring guys stuff that wouldn't fit. Fun stuff

Grey

It’s been heavy these last two days but was light on Wed. So expected to get boned to end the week for two days.

summersaltstains

This week is the first week we can get back to 9.5 enforcement. Who thinks this will be an issue now that the company has this so called 8 hour dispatch and lower volume after peak?
I'm gonna be meeting a driver in another County around 1900 and taking half of his 100 stops left, so none of us are making 9.5 today.

Bob11B

We are back to the original route ranges from before the "no 9.5" push so I say they have already retreated quite a bit.
We will know they completely gave up when the unnessicary splits and route cutting happens again.
Seems you are right...Messaged the center and said I wouldn’t make 9.5....instead of sending someone to help me, someone came and picked up my air...the college kids are coming back from break so my route is getting heavy again...220 stops

unionsteward104

CONTRACT EXPERT
This week is the first week we can get back to 9.5 enforcement. Who thinks this will be an issue now that the company has this so called 8 hour dispatch and lower volume after peak?
Where are you guys from? Peak ends on Jan. 15th, been that way for a few years now. Reduced volume, where? We have had peak volume on our routes all week. This :censored2:ing company is out of control. As for 9.5, under the new contract language if the Union will try and enforce it, we are all opt'd in on day 1. Starting Jan 15.

Where are you guys from? Peak ends on Jan. 15th, been that way for a few years now. Reduced volume, where? We have had peak volume on our routes all week. This :censored2:ing company is out of control. As for 9.5, under the new contract language if the Union will try and enforce it, we are all opt'd in on day 1. Starting Jan 15.
The new contract isn't in effect.
We are still working under the old one.

BigBrown87

Until the supplements are ratified we will be under the old contract, which states 9.5 is in effect January 1st. Volume is down from last year we do have a spike after peak due to returns but volume will drop as the month goes on. If you read the old contract which still applies until all supplements are resolved January 1st is officially the end of peak for 9.5 and 8hr requests along with requested time off and vacation time.

BigBrown87

I hope you' re not a union steward, you dont even know which contract we are under or when peak is over in regards to 9.5 or time off requested? I know that the average union worker can be dull in reading the contract, but to be a steward and not know this information is not a good look for you or your local IMO.