9/5

milb

Respected Member
How long do you have to file a 9/5 grievance the week after? Was over 9/5 the previous week 4 out of 5 days

35years

Gravy route
File immediately. Every time.

If you go over again this week you don't want to give them any excuse (we didn't know you didn't want the OT since you didn't file right away).

File immediately. Demand the penalty pay. Do not settle for promises to keep you down They will take care of drivers who demand money and file every time first.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What qualifies you for the 9.5 list
The union controls the 9.5 list now so everybody is on it. Maybe that is just FT bid drivers and I think the 22.4s can't use it. A driver has to go to the shop steward and ask to be taken off if he doesn't want to be able to file for penalty pay. My steward has had three drivers that love extra overtime ask to be taken off. I don't understand that, just don't file if you want the extra work.

The union controls the 9.5 list now so everybody is on it. Maybe that is just FT bid drivers and I think the 22.4s can't use it. A driver has to go to the shop steward and ask to be taken off if he doesn't want to be able to file for penalty pay. My steward has had three drivers that love extra overtime to be taken off. I don't understand that, just don't file if you want the extra work.
You are correct. 22.4 jobs do not have 9.5 protection

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The union controls the 9.5 list now so everybody is on it. Maybe that is just FT bid drivers and I think the 22.4s can't use it. A driver has to go to the shop steward and ask to be taken off if he doesn't want to be able to file for penalty pay. My steward has had three drivers that love extra overtime ask to be taken off. I don't understand that, just don't file if you want the extra work.
Think we had 3 opt off here too. Two from the same loop. That loop will get pounded I’m sure.

Another center I know almost 50% of the guys opted off the list.