90 working day Local Sort Senority

AndrewK

Hi im about halfway of my 90 working day probation to making senority. Im currently working as an Unloader during the local sort evening shift.

Once i make senority..
what would be the most suitable/preferred position to bid on in the center/hub for someone who has plans on making UPS a career in the near future?

I chose to work here to become a package delivery driver one day, but as ive became familiar with how everything is i would consider bidding on another position (air driver, full time inside if there is even such thing, part time delivery driver, preload).

Not saying ill be picked first for the bid but just asking in terms of pay, hours, work enviornment, etc what is your ideal position and how do they compare to one another? The sups/HR at my center havent really explained what other positions there are at UPS other then driver/preload of course and if theres such thing as full time inside.

Thanks

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Hi im about halfway of my 90 working day probation to making senority. Im currently working as an Unloader during the local sort evening shift.

Once i make senority..
what would be the most suitable/preferred position to bid on in the center/hub for someone who has plans on making UPS a career in the near future?

I chose to work here to become a package delivery driver one day, but as ive became familiar with how everything is i would consider bidding on another position (air driver, full time inside if there is even such thing, part time delivery driver, preload). Not saying ill be picked first for the bid but just asking whats most preferable in your opinions?

Thanks
I will not offer advice as I’m retired but a word of advice. :ignored:

After you get all kind of advice on here from people you don’t know ...
Get your Local Supplement
Talk with other positive people in your work group
Meet and talk to your Steward.

Good luck.

Yolo

PT Sup is the best position in the company. Talk to your center manager ASAP. Get the process started early.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You trying to confuse him more?
upload_2018-7-22_16-55-6.png

542thruNthru

Once i make senority..

I chose to work here to become a package delivery driver one day, but as ive became familiar with how everything is i would consider bidding on another position (air driver, full time inside if there is even such thing, part time delivery driver, preload).

Not saying ill be picked first for the bid but just asking in terms of pay, hours, work enviornment, etc what is your ideal position and how do they compare to one another? The sups/HR at my center havent really explained what other positions there are at UPS other then driver/preload of course and if theres such thing as full time inside.

Thanks

I will not offer advice as I'm not in your area but a word of advice. :ignored:

Don't ever take this guys advice!
3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

Good luck.

;)

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Good luck.
How are you going to say you won't offer advice and then post a bunch of advice to the OP?
Did you get ahold of some bad shrooms at that festival you are at?