A Billion More To Come.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I would think the introduction of penicillin contributed to this.

Before penicillin, people died horrible deaths from very simple, minor injuries and illnesses.

Also, we had an industrial war machine that suddenly had nothing to do except make consumer products. Add to that vast, natural resources to plunder. And that all created lotsa' good paying, blue collar jobs.

Perhaps optimism played a part as well.
There are lots of things that researchers have speculated as the reason(s) for the increase. Some of them you mentioned, another big one is that women were able to leave the workforce and spend more time raising a family after a 16 year period when they had to work (to survive during the depression and to keep the economy afloat during the war). There are other theories as well but the consensus is that it's a combination of them centered around families having the means to have mom stay home.

None of them said anything remotely similar to bacha's insanity.

bacha29

I would think the introduction of penicillin contributed to this.

Before penicillin, people died horrible deaths from very simple, minor injuries and illnesses.

Also, we had an industrial war machine that suddenly had nothing to do except make consumer products. Add to that vast, natural resources to plunder. And that all created lotsa' good paying, blue collar jobs.

Perhaps optimism played a part as well.
Glad you finally acknowledged the fact that WWII was the driver both from the standpoint of improved methods of treatment of battlefield casualties and converting plants build for WWII armaments production to consumer goods production. It was clearly a convergence of unprecedented historical events . All of which are attributed in one way or another to the Second World War.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
How would you have known? You weren't alive to know what they did and did not say.
Stick to your guns, bacha. Even if it’s an official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

Even if you shoot your eye out.

Mutineer

Glad you finally acknowledged the fact that WWII was the driver both from the standpoint of improved methods of treatment of battlefield casualties and converting plants build for WWII armaments production to consumer goods production. It was clearly a convergence of unprecedented historical events . All of which are attributed in one way or another to the Second World War.

I think that fact is difficult to dispute.

I'm glad I made you glad.

bacha29

Stick to your guns, bacha. Even if it’s an official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

Even if you shoot your eye out.
Underpowered. Where I come from when it comes to personal weaponry if you can't bring down a helicopter with it it isn't worth having.

bacha29

I think that fact is difficult to dispute.

I'm glad I made you glad.
It's not a question of winning an argument . Instead the more you read and learn about the events that transpired during the 20th century the more shocked you become and more worrisome you become regarding what might transpire during the 21st century.

Mutineer

It's not a question of winning an argument . Instead the more you read and learn about the events that transpired during the 20th century the more shocked you become and more worrisome you become regarding what might transpire during the 21st century.

I also agree that government and media approved racism and atrocities to be committed against a particular demographic of U.S. citizens is very well on it's way to becoming reality.

They've been saying the 'quiet' things out loud for awhile now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
How would you have known? You weren't alive to know what they did and did not say.
Because I've never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever heard or read anyone from that era say that was a motivation for gettin' busy and makin' babies.

It's hilarious that you assume it's true.

bacha29

Because I've never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever heard or read anyone from that era say that was a motivation for gettin' busy and makin' babies.

It's hilarious that you assume it's true.
Perhaps.....But there is one thing we know isn't true....and that's everything you say.