A.Coulter on Glen Beck

menotyou

bella amicizia
I just noticed the ads on this page. Glen Beck TV? I hope my satellite system doesn't carry it. No offense to anyone. I use to listen to him before he moved to NYC. He was fun to listen to back then. Even if you don't agree with his views, he was fun to listen to. Now, well, now he's, well, not the same.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What did his children do to deserve it?

Because he USED them as pawns like in a chessgame. His daughter would have been fine if she had went alone ( as she says she intended) and it was BECK who invited himself to go along. BECK knew beforehand ( and you have to consider this) and that he was entering an event that was more than likely filled with democratic attendees who do not side with his PUBLIC OPINIONS.

BECK is NOT a private citizen, by PERSONA. He is by law, but NOT by PERSONA. He made himself a target when he decided to PUBLICLY imploy hate speech. Whether you like him or not, he has been determined to have used violent, hateful, discriminatory and alarmist RHETORIC that was intended to INFLAME.

That flaming works both ways. On one side, he FLAMES UP extreme right wing followers who believe his nonsense, and on the other, he FLAMES UP those who would learn to HATE him for what he says.

Whats the difference?

Easy, when he goes to places likely to be filled with right wingers, they embraced him, honor him, cheer him, laud him or love him. But, on the opposite, he is hated, reviled, heckled, lambasted and targeted.

Now, if you take your FAMILY into a situation where it is most likely filled with people who are not FOLLOWERS of the BECK diatribe, what would you expect to happen?

BECK is a personality. Just like at a sporting event. When a visiting team comes to your field, and the players walk in or out of the playing field, they are heckled, hated, reviled and targeted.

He lost his anonymity when he went public on the television.

If he had stayed away from that event, his daughter would have been fine. He was about to leave the fox news cable airwaves in disgrace and start his "NEW" venture and what a way to start it and drum up some self serving event like a "mobbing".

He is a "TRUE AMERICAN" by his own words. "I LOVE GOD" is his new montra. "THESE HATERS WANT TO SILENCE ME" is his excuse.

This promotional self serving action served only to include his family into his political rhetoric. He simply got a dose of his own medicine and he CHOSE to include his family into this stunt.

His family SHOULD be excluded from his on air personality, but like at a sporting event, the entire team gets heckled when they are the visitors at a game.

All persons should have the right to travel around the country and be left alone, and we are. However, when a person makes it a POINT to stand out with political hate speech, and that person offends thousands of people, that person LOSES that right to anonymity.

I am sure, that some of you would love to punch me in the mouth if you could come across me in public just because of some of the things i post and just like in new york, you would probably just heckle me and taunt me.

It works the same for us.

BECK is now catagorized like LIMBAUGH. Both are nothing more than blowhards. Both are pandering morons making millions by selling their followers CRAP or memberships. BECK knows that the republican followers will send every dime they have to join memberships, buy clothing, books, tea drinks, emergency food and so on and so on.

BECK is about making money. He doesnt give a CRAP about America other than to milk those dumb enough to send him money.

Why is it that the right wing peddlers ( Hannity, Orielly, Limbaugh, Beck and the like) have to sell you anything? Why not give you the information for free? Why do you have to PAY to hear them say something?

What is it, that you have to pay for, that you cant hear for free on the air? Answer: NOTHING.

As P.T. Barnum once said : "Theres a sucker born every minute".

Peace.

wkmac

I am sure, that some of you would love to punch me in the mouth if you could come across me in public just because of some of the things i post and just like in new york, you would probably just heckle me and taunt me.

Ah, delusions of self importance! :happy-very:

JK!

I believe Beck is on the decline, leaving Fox is just a sign of that and in that he is creating his own company just means he has no options left in the larger media market. At the same time, Beck is also smart in that the future is not in the established media footprint but is in the internet. More and more people are dumping cable TV and even the traditional information outlets mostly because you are at their mercy as to watching only what they feed you. The information world of the net is a true free market in the sense that you walk in and pull from this marketplace any information product you desire. You as customer and the information holder as seller contract into a mutually beneficial exchange. Now that doesn't mean the product is worthwhile but you do have the freedom to enter and leave at anytime. Another reason I support the international hacker cooperative Anonymous is that they also support the free market of the internet but that's another thread in itself.

Going forward I do believe Beck as he exists now is in decline, future may change that but that's the future. I also believe Limbaugh, Hannity et al are in decline only if in the fact that they have stagnated in both message and growth. As the younger generation who has been well versed in the internet and well versed on multiple sources of information and ideas, they will begin to affect larger thinking and opinions of society and this will clearly leave the likes of Limbaugh, Hannity and yes even Matthews and Maddow in the lurch and they will become meerly footnotes in entertainment history.

wolakota

Babagounj

Strength through joy

is NOT a private citizen, by PERSONA. He is by law, but NOT by PERSONA. He made himself a target when he decided to PUBLICLY imploy hate speech. Whether you like him or not, he has been determined to have used violent, hateful, discriminatory and alarmist RHETORIC that was intended to INFLAME.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
or

is NOT a private citizen, by PERSONA. He is by law, but NOT by PERSONA. He made himself a target when he decided to PUBLICLY imploy hate speech. Whether you like him or not, he has been determined to have used violent, hateful, discriminatory and alarmist RHETORIC that was intended to INFLAME.

This is what im talking about. If either of these men walked into the bible belt areas of right wing voters, do you think they would be heckled, hissed, reviled or taunted?

Of course you do.

Now reverse that, and place BECK in the same shoes. THANKS FOR MAKING MY POINT.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ah, delusions of self importance! :happy-very:

JK!

I believe Beck is on the decline, leaving Fox is just a sign of that and in that he is creating his own company just means he has no options left in the larger media market. At the same time, Beck is also smart in that the future is not in the established media footprint but is in the internet. More and more people are dumping cable TV and even the traditional information outlets mostly because you are at their mercy as to watching only what they feed you. The information world of the net is a true free market in the sense that you walk in and pull from this marketplace any information product you desire. You as customer and the information holder as seller contract into a mutually beneficial exchange. Now that doesn't mean the product is worthwhile but you do have the freedom to enter and leave at anytime. Another reason I support the international hacker cooperative Anonymous is that they also support the free market of the internet but that's another thread in itself.

Going forward I do believe Beck as he exists now is in decline, future may change that but that's the future. I also believe Limbaugh, Hannity et al are in decline only if in the fact that they have stagnated in both message and growth. As the younger generation who has been well versed in the internet and well versed on multiple sources of information and ideas, they will begin to affect larger thinking and opinions of society and this will clearly leave the likes of Limbaugh, Hannity and yes even Matthews and Maddow in the lurch and they will become meerly footnotes in entertainment history.

wolakota

Mathews and Maddow are the same as those panderers on FOXED SPEWS. I dislike them both. The difference is however, mathews and maddow arent selling website access, tshirts or trinkets for joining some secret society of fans where you send 50 bucks a month and recieve a doormat calling you an american.

I prefer to be called an american for free, versus paying someone 50 bucks for the priviledge.

Peace.

wkmac

Mathews and Maddow are the same as those panderers on FOXED SPEWS. I dislike them both. The difference is however, mathews and maddow arent selling website access, tshirts or trinkets for joining some secret society of fans where you send 50 bucks a month and recieve a doormat calling you an american.

I prefer to be called an american for free, versus paying someone 50 bucks for the priviledge.

Peace.

Matthews is old media or old school and I could just never see him hocking trinkets on the net to begin with but then some old school media conservatives would never do it either. Matthews and Maddow to my knowledge only have the TV show and therefore it's more issues oriented verses talk radio where it's about the monkey behind the microphone. Now you may not like the issues, how it's presented (and I may agree too) but what they do is a far cry from what talk radio is IMO.

I have watched Maddow before because one night she interviewed Jeff Sharlet about the infamous organization, "The Family" and it's leader Douglas Coe. For me, this was must see TV. However, I've been completely disgusted with Maddow (never had any illusions about Matthews) and how she rightly tore Bush and friends a new one on the issue of war and now she sits quietly only uttering the occasional peep when pressures on the radical left build to a point she has to maintain appearances. But then this is exactly what establishment media is and why more and more are flushing it down the drain.

As for the selling of patriotism, I agree with you there. But then I refuse to pledge allegiance to the flag so my idea of patriotism is not a product they're selling to begin with.

The great H.L. Mencken never lived to see talk radio and the media we have today but in his day he did say this about the main force of media and that was the mighty newspaper.

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

I'd like to think if Mencken was among us today he would restate that as follows:

Talk Radio is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

And he would be correct too!
:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Matthews is old media or old school and I could just never see him hocking trinkets on the net to begin with but then some old school media conservatives would never do it either. Matthews and Maddow to my knowledge only have the TV show and therefore it's more issues oriented verses talk radio where it's about the monkey behind the microphone. Now you may not like the issues, how it's presented (and I may agree too) but what they do is a far cry from what talk radio is IMO.

I have watched Maddow before because one night she interviewed Jeff Sharlet about the infamous organization, "The Family" and it's leader Douglas Coe. For me, this was must see TV. However, I've been completely disgusted with Maddow (never had any illusions about Matthews) and how she rightly tore Bush and friends a new one on the issue of war and now she sits quietly only uttering the occasional peep when pressures on the radical left build to a point she has to maintain appearances. But then this is exactly what establishment media is and why more and more are flushing it down the drain.

As for the selling of patriotism, I agree with you there. But then I refuse to pledge allegiance to the flag so my idea of patriotism is not a product they're selling to begin with.

The great H.L. Mencken never lived to see talk radio and the media we have today but in his day he did say this about the main force of media and that was the mighty newspaper.

I'd like to think if Mencken was among us today he would restate that as follows:

And he would be correct too!
:happy-very:

indeed, the selling of patriotism is all the republicans have to offer. Orielly nightly pitches his twisted reality of our nation while using "surrogates" to do all the name calling cause' he lacks the balls to do it himself. If he did, he would end up like BECK, out on his rear end.

Hannity, draps himself in the american flag on his set and on the road to somehow prove he's the honest american.

Limbaugh does the same. He preaches such a love for the US MILITARY yet, he EVADED the very service he claims to support. He is the biggest panderer of them all making almost 2 billion dollars since 2000.

He found his target audience, the dumbest of the dumb. His latest money making venture is a drink called TWO IF BY TEA. 12 bottles sold for 24 bucks, but hey, shipping is free! All you have to do is pay an over charge of 1.00 a bottle times 12 to get it!

Of course Limbaughs image and likeness is used on this product so he takes a COMMISION on each sale. Estimates are available as a projection for what Limbaugh will personally earn for these drinks, and of course they preach that "some" one time proceeds of "UP TO" 100K will be donated to the military.

The rest of it is PROFIT.

The words "UP TO" are sneaky. If they make 20 million dollars in sales, wow, 100K will be donated! What a deal! How about they donate 100% of profits??

The answer? Easy, its not about helping veterans, its about making a buck selling people on patriotism. Using the flag on the bottles, using rush in a founding fathers outfit complete with a white wig, and decorating the packaging with USA markings!

People are stupid enough to buy into this nonsense and send millions of dollars to limbaugh, the false patriot.

A true patriot doesnt make any money on the concept. Just ask anyone of our soldiers fighting in a combat area. Those are the true patriots that need to be respected, yet they dont peddle a damn thing.

Todays political cable arena is a polluted pit of puppets.

Peace.

Last edited:
Because he USED them as pawns like in a chessgame. His daughter would have been fine if she had went alone ( as she says she intended) and it was BECK who invited himself to go along. BECK knew beforehand ( and you have to consider this) and that he was entering an event that was more than likely filled with democratic attendees who do not side with his PUBLIC OPINIONS.

BECK is NOT a private citizen, by PERSONA. He is by law, but NOT by PERSONA. He made himself a target when he decided to PUBLICLY imploy hate speech. Whether you like him or not, he has been determined to have used violent, hateful, discriminatory and alarmist RHETORIC that was intended to INFLAME.

That flaming works both ways. On one side, he FLAMES UP extreme right wing followers who believe his nonsense, and on the other, he FLAMES UP those who would learn to HATE him for what he says.
So, according to you, Beck can't take his own children out in public because you and other lefties think it is OK to use violent, hateful, discriminatory and alarmist RHETORIC against him ? And you say he's a hater, look in the mirror, you see a hater looking right back at you. You, right here on this board, have been guilty of using the same type of speech he uses. When I suggest that you would deserve the same treatment. you come back with a worthless threat. That sir is the description of a hypocrite.

As much as I dislike your hero Olberman and your next best Maher, if I saw them in a public place I wouldn't say a word to them of any kind Especially if their kids (in Olberman's case) were with them. There is no excuse for that kind if rudeness.

I know you contend that the republicans do the same thing, that isn't right either. I damn sure would never they to make it justifiable.

I just noticed the ads on this page. Glen Beck TV? I hope my satellite system doesn't carry it. No offense to anyone. I use to listen to him before he moved to NYC. He was fun to listen to back then. Even if you don't agree with his views, he was fun to listen to. Now, well, now he's, well, not the same.
The ads pop up depending on subject matter and key words used.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So, according to you, Beck can't take his own children out in public because you and other lefties think it is OK to use violent, hateful, discriminatory and alarmist RHETORIC against him ? And you say he's a hater, look in the mirror, you see a hater looking right back at you. You, right here on this board, have been guilty of using the same type of speech he uses. When I suggest that you would deserve the same treatment. you come back with a worthless threat. That sir is the description of a hypocrite.

As much as I dislike your hero Olberman and your next best Maher, if I saw them in a public place I wouldn't say a word to them of any kind Especially if their kids (in Olberman's case) were with them. There is no excuse for that kind if rudeness.

I know you contend that the republicans do the same thing, that isn't right either. I damn sure would never they to make it justifiable.

TRIP,

Because this is a holiday weekend, and I dont want to get your fireworks going before tomorrow or * how old do you think "his" children were who were at the park watching the movie?

His "daughter" that was planning on attending this movie long before BECK invited himself, is 26 years old and not a child that needed to be brought to the park.

BECK didnt take his "children", he invited himself to tag along with his grown 26 year old daughter and subjected them to whatever he had coming.

Like I said, he does not have the right to hang out in a public that he offended to a serious degree.

He lost that right when he chose to attack the citizens of this country with hate rhetoric. If he recieves it, then thats what he brought upon himself. Its an easy concept to grasp.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: