A couple of DIAD function questions

JL 0513

- How do you hold/bookmark a section of your EDD list?

I'm doing split routes now as a cover driver and often times the splits aren't loaded in a proper order. I often cover loops in 4-6 different towns a day and the splits are added in a scrappy manner. So I have to figure out the most efficient order and often have to deliver loops toward the bottom of the list early. So I'd love to hold my spot instead of scrolling all day.

- Also, how do you add notes to particular stops?

As a cover driver who constantly delivers to unfamiliar stops everyday, I come across weird stops that should have notes/special instructions for us cover drivers. Lot's of stops are tough to find or figure out because of a particular obscurity or irregular addressing issue. I wouldn't mind adding notes to help the next poor cover guy.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't add notes. You will tick off the route driver. After a while, you will know many routes and get to know all the perks that go with it.

JL 0513

This^^^
Just scroll down to the address you want to skip to, and hit the left arrow. This keep the list locked at that location in edd. Once you're finished delivering that area, just hit the left arrow again to go back to the top of the list. I use this all the time.

Thanks. My last post was at the same time as yours.

JL 0513

So even though you guys have advised against a cover driver inputting notes, I'm still curious at how it's done.

I appreciate any instructions.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If I know there's something particularly good to know, like when dumb people with unfriendly dogs put a dog door in their front door and fence the yard, I'll request to have it noted. Even then tho, I may have to wait for sometimes weeks while my sup is doing the bidding of the DM, usually important things like cutting routes.

mdnj88

The notes are called C-PAD and are input by the PDS.

Notes should be kept to a minimum as they can become a nuisance.

I agree with being a nuisance. This one stop on my rte has 4 consecutive notes when u scan package about where and where not to leave pkg. gotta press enter 20 times to get thru them. Honestly the only thing that should be a note is gate codes/and possibly beware dog

JL 0513

Notes are put in by dispatch/oms.
The notes are called C-PAD and are input by the PDS.

Notes should be kept to a minimum as they can become a nuisance.

Thanks. I must assume at the direction of drivers though since those in the building know nothing. Reason I thought it could be done on the DIAD is because a driver I met on road to take work off pointed out a note that he said he put in.

I don't want to see lots of notes either. What I'm referring too is a note for the sometimes obscure address in the middle of no where that no map or even GPS can figure out. Or those stupid instances where a home is addressed on a street when it's actually facing the adjacent street making it hard to spot. Then there's the hundreds of streets I come across with no damn street signs and thousands of homes with no numbers, but that's another story. A note can save a very frustrating 5 minutes of driving in circles.

going to have to try this when I go back to work. if I don't have diad in front of me im lost. must be age or 24 years at ups either way I started to put my name on my underwear so I wouldn't forget my name...lol

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
.......Then there's the hundreds of streets I come across with no damn street signs and thousands of homes with no numbers, but that's another story. A note can save a very frustrating 5 minutes of driving in circles.

Hundreds of streets and thousands of homes?

Damn big route.